LGA775 Cooler

Steevo

Spammer representing.
Political Access
I am looking for a good one.

Great cooling
Quiet
Long Life

Three main things, in the order that they should be. I have used the Arctic Cooler for 775's on one machine at 3.2Ghz but it is still running warm, this is our server, running F@H, at 3.7Ghz and I am paying, so no watercooling.

Currently it is running 145 degrees in a ambiant temp of 79 degrees with only one client. It was at 155 a few day back when I shut down one client.

Reps out of course.:smoker:

Well worth every penny too. Such a great product.

Vanquished said:
Could you just spend double that for liquif cooling?
Would that be as good as it?
Of course you could. You could spend double on anything to always get something more expensive.

But, if you read his OP, he said "I'm paying so no watercooling".

I know, i was kinda asking for me...
Is that as good as watercooled?
Or comprable?

Watercooling is the best affordable option available. However, it's dangerous, especially for someone that doesn't have experience.

That cooler is one of the best coolers on the market (if not the best).

So on a scale from 1 to 10 in terms of cooling effectiveness, what is watercooling and what is that cooler?

Mobo removal.......ick......

I wonder how good it would work with minor attachment and adhesive tape or gel?

Steevo, that was my least favorite part. I had to remove everything in order to install the HSF. But as I said, it was well worth it.

Prior to the ZALMAN my computer sounded like a jet. It is much better now, although once I replace the GPU HSF it will be even better.

Prior to the ZALMAN my computer idled around 68-70F, now it idles around 56-58F.

madmatt said:
Steevo, that was my least favorite part. I had to remove everything in order to install the HSF. But as I said, it was well worth it.

Prior to the ZALMAN my computer sounded like a jet. It is much better now, although once I replace the GPU HSF it will be even better.

Prior to the ZALMAN my computer idled around 68-70F, now it idles around 56-58F.
Whoa!
thats pretty dang cool... Cool as in cold

wow cool....
what i did in my PC is I remove the fiber glass covering in my Casing and replaced it with chicken wires then I used ordinary redfox CPU cooler...

Chicken Wire?
Are you talking the entire side or a casing inside the wall?

I just got the company a new 19" Acer LCD there. $219 with free shipping.

I didn't see a dead pixel provision for the 15 day return or exchange. I think I will be ordereing it on the morrow.

Zipzoomfly is great, half my computer stuff came from there,the other from newegg.
Newegg is good for cases and processors and vid cards,
zipzoomfly is good for everything else.
Its unfortunate Newegg has a better selection of cases, free shipping would have saved me a bundle

Vanquished said:
Chicken Wire?
Are you talking the entire side or a casing inside the wall?
just a part of 1 side.... also i did save some space for the sa fan....

Attachments

• chicken wire.jpg
    chicken wire.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 112
  • chicken wire 2.jpg
    chicken wire 2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 121

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back