LG only burns 40x

• Thread starter snaarplukker
  • Start date
S

snaarplukker

My LG 40x12x40 burns only on 40x. Other speeds can nto be chosen... Try Nero, WinCD and Clone, all the same.

Windows XP/SP1 Clou anyone??

Yes, and its enabled... could that be a problem?

i think so,, if Buffer -UNderrun is enabled on mine, it locks the burn speed to 40x.

those are some screwed up burners....

and that is why LiteOn and Plextor rule the market

little thing i found out the other day, Plextor's are made by the same company that make LiteOn.

Just diff packaging and slightly sturdier design...

kinda says something about the quality of LiteOn burners =)

I'd be very suprised if what you said was at all correct, firstly how are you measuring the speed?

Any burner rated at a speed does not start burning at that speed the LG for example probably starts at about 12 and gradually works up to over x40 giving an average somewhere around x38 this is with perfect media which is hard to find.

Get yourself CD Speed 1.01 which is a Nero tool it will show you what is happening.

The LG 40/12/40 is limited at lower write speeds you can read a review at www.cdrlabs.com however it is rated as a very reliable and fast burner using P-Cav.

Why do you want to control the burn speed in the first place?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back