LF 1TB Sata Drive

That price is actually pretty good. But why Seagate or Samsung?

I had a Samsung die on me, so I replaced it. Well the new one didn't last that long either. I had 3 other WD drives in my server that are older then the Samsung was and are still going strong.

I wouldn't buy Samsung and I'm not too fond of Seagate. I stick to WD myself.

WD drives are overpriced, the also lag behind the other manufactures tech wise.

Seagate is the leading manufacturer, samsung make the fastest 7200RPM disks though Hitachi disks are not exactly slow. Fujitsu make the fastest 15k scsi/sas disks.

I'm running seagates at the moment. May pick up a bunch of hitachis next time around. My IBM deathstar was a nice little disk when 40GB was considered huge :D

They may be a bit behind but I've never had a WD drive fail on me. Which is more then I can say about the samsung and fujitsu drives I've owned.

I've bounced a few fujitsu scsi drives that continued to work :) makes them okay in my book.

WD's tend to run quieter, smoother and, with the right amount of cache, faster than most other drivers I have used.

I currently have a mix of Maxtor's and WD's. Nothing wrong with either... or with any of the other drives with a 5 year warranty.

There's a reason why EMC uses Seagate and Hitachi in their Symmetrix arrays. I'm also fond of Samsung drives. I have 5 300 GB drives that are still going strong and cool.

WD drives are overpriced, the also lag behind the other manufactures tech wise.

Seagate is the leading manufacturer, samsung make the fastest 7200RPM disks though Hitachi disks are not exactly slow. Fujitsu make the fastest 15k scsi/sas disks.

I'm running seagates at the moment. May pick up a bunch of hitachis next time around. My IBM deathstar was a nice little disk when 40GB was considered huge :D

Thanks, exactly what i was going to say about them. I hve never had issues as well, i also by WD but they are over priced.

well all I can say to that is buggy firmware which has now been fixed. Much like happened with the IBM deathstars.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back