lets talk about STOCKS!! yay

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
OK, I want to invest in stocks. But nothing big lol....just around 30 bucks or something. Can anyone recommend what to invest in? I heard Hersheys was good @ this time b/c valentines day and etc. Also, can someone give me a program that studies stocks b/c i remember seeing one that told you when to buy and sell, it was neat!

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
Good luck trying to invest anything less than say $1000, I know some pretty good investment officers at prudential, but they wont look at you unless you've got $200K or more.

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
You can't invest $30. No brokerage house will look at you with that litle money. Less than a few grand in an account and they will charge you a maintenance fee that will eat the 30 in about a month.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
there are some free online 'game' type sites that allow you to invest some imaginary money (you start with a certain amount on the site) and you can chart how you are doing on a daily basis with your investments...

if you do well enough there you may want to consider real life investing but like the others have said... $30 is pittance... most decent stocks COST $30-ish bucks m8... :)

take a look-see how you do on the 'game' stock investing and then go from there is what my advice is coz you can polish your skills there :)

g.luck m8... stocks are a lot of fun.. if I had some money I would invest but as is I follow some here and there for the heck of it :)

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
There are plenty of online traders that will take almost any amount of money

looking around, most seem to be UK ones. or at least the seem to be

Not knowing the full details of course (or understanding everything) but this one looks like it will
https://www.tradingdirect.com/
there are others

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
Get some IBM stocks. They are making the CPUs for the next Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo consoles....they are going to make a ton of money.

But like people here said, you might want to do some "virtual" trading to get a hang of it first. ;)

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
ibm took a hit with their reworking of their low-k dielectric setup since it was flawed and nvidia is not quite happy with their implementation...

but.. they do have some big contracts and don't forget their apple and amd connection :)

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political User
lets talk bout sex baby. lets talk bout u and me. lol ha just had to cause of the name...i dont even know if i said that right anyway. Ha

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks