Let other computers control shared dial up connection in server 2003

G

GeeZuZz

Do someone know how to configure my shared dial-up connection in Windows Server 2003 (RC2) so that other computers can control it (connect/disconnect it)?

In winXP i have three choices:
- Allow other computer to use it
- Establish a connection whenever a computer needs it
- Allow other computers to control it (connect/disconnect)

In server 2003 the last option is not listet... :(

its a server, so settings are not in the same place if they are thereat all. it is ment to be in a domain anyway, not a workgroup and sharing a connection unless it has a proxy (isa say....)

i have 2003 server too , you have yours in an ad/domain setup? then the settings for the last item would be controlled through a mmc somewhere remotely to server. not as a choice for each local user

Whenever I tried to connect the dial-up on my dads pc over the network, it never connects... does it do this for you?

It should be possible to at least select which users had permissions to connect disconnect the dial-up (administrators for instance). :huh:

Electronic Punk:

Yes, just share rightclick the connection -> advanced -> check "allow other computers to control...".

Then on the client run the network setup wizard, make sure that it finds the right shared connection - and then you can find the connection in "Network Connections", just as a normal dial-up connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back