Leopard will have MONSTER icons

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
OS X 10.5 Leopard will use icons as large as 512x512, twice that of what is expected in Vista (256x256).

Sample:

page0_blog_entry27_2.png

:eek:

Well, when using a 600" screen it might come in handy!

Exactly. Pointless if you ask me.

au contraire, this coincides with their new marketing campaign to the myopically impaired

"Because everything works better when you can see what you click."

This will also be available with a large key keyboard, with one inch raised lettering as well as braille.

Maybe a bit excessive, but as someone who does video work, some of my best work is done at excessively high resolutions and then shrunk for better visual quality. Perhaps Apple had a similar thought in mind.

Melon

I reckon MS will counter with 1024x1024 icons, its blatently an important feature.

Seriously, I think Apple should consider what they bundle with the OS, as far as features go MS is getting quite a lead out of the box.

Supporting impractical features can be a good thing sometimes...if they can make a monitor with pixels 1/10th the size of current ones, we'd be in for a visual treat. This icon business, however, probably could have been held off for three or four years.

I reckon MS will counter with 1024x1024 icons, its blatently an important feature.

Seriously, I think Apple should consider what they bundle with the OS, as far as features go MS is getting quite a lead out of the box.

Care to explain?

I pretty sure his post was a bit tongue in cheek, X.

X: was reading a magazine that compared all the features that Vista had with all those that Tiger (the current released one?) has, Vista won hands down.

X: was reading a magazine that compared all the features that Vista had with all those that Tiger (the current released one?) has, Vista won hands down.

Ah. Lets compare a brand new system against an older system that is already out on the market.

Seems hardly fair eh?

Would you mind scanning the article and sticking it online, I am intrigued to read it. Considering Vista has been taking a lot of criticism to the fact that Vista screen-shots look so much like Apple Mac OS X screen-shots. Since I love quotes, I feel that this one applies:

Charles Caleb Colton said:
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Though Tiger has been out for a year and Vista hasn't been released yet. Leopard will be out around the same time as Vista and we don't know what all the features are yet.

Though Tiger has been out for a year and Vista hasn't been released yet. Leopard will be out around the same time as Vista and we don't know what all the features are yet.

The same is being said for Vista.:laugh:

The same is being said for Vista.:laugh:

They have released a release candidate for Vista which should be feature complete. Changes to RC's should only be show stopper bug fixes.

My first post in the Mac section :p

That size of an icon would be more useful when using your computer from space. :D

I could see it being good. Since that is 512 X 512 pixels used up. Monitors are being more dense with more pixels per inch, or dots per inch it would mean that icons that looked big now would look really small. For some reason the monster icons are going to be a forerunner, somehow I have a feeling Apple is going to come out with some new revolutionary screen. I will wait and see.

what's wrong with being able to size your icon as big or as small as you want?

isn't that huge icon sizable?

if so, I would put my most used lin in the middle as big as that so I can click without aiming, and a bunch of satalites progressively smaller as my reap estate gets used up

this is a good thing and I don't think it's overkill at all

If it were me, I would make it so the user could make any icon the size of their entire screen and allow them to resize accordingly

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back