Review Lenovo ThinkCentre A70z

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
Thanks to the kind folks at both Ivy Worldwide and Lenovo, I have been taking the Lenovo ThinkCentre A70z through it's paces and am bringing you this review with a view to giving one away in the near future.

Hardware Specs:
  • Processor: 2.93 GHz Intel E7500 Core 2 Duo
  • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
  • RAM: 2GB (max 4GB)
  • Display: 19 in (diagonal) Widescreen LCD, 1440 x 900, TFT active matrix
  • Graphics: Intel GMA X4500
  • Hard Drive: 320GB Serial ATA-300 7200 rpm
  • Optical: DVD-Writer
  • Webcam: 1.3 megapixel camera
  • WiFi: 802.11b/g/n
  • Ports:USB 6 ports, Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T, Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm, PCI Express Mini Card
  • Dimensions & Weight: 2.9 in x 14 in x 18.6 in, 17.6 lbs
Included Software :

Adobe Flash Player , Adobe Reader , Lenovo Online Data Backup , Microsoft Office 2007 (60 days trial) , Norton Internet Security 2009 (30 days subscription) , Roxio Creator Business Edition , Roxio My DVD , Skype , ThinkVantage Power Manager , ThinkVantage Product Recovery , ThinkVantage System Update , ThinkVantage Toolbox

The Lenovo ThinkCentre A70z is compact and an affordable new All-in-one PC that is aimed at small businesses. The A70z system came preloaded with Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. The A70z is more suitable for businesses because it offers much more performance as well as easier expandability which is essential in a business environment. The ThinkCentre A70z has an easy carry handle for easy mobility. Finally, and the best aspect of the system design, it doesn’t have a power brick which greatly reduces the clutter giving your desk more room and making everything nice and neat.

The standard model comes with a wired keyboard and mouse. I personally would prefer a wireless set which is an option when configuring your purchase and of course is compatible with third party devices.

Setting up the Lenovo ThinkCentre A70z is a snap, all you have to do is plug in the power cable, the USB keyboard and mouse and you're off. It has a picture frame like stand that's made out of metal and has a rubber strip on the bottom for grip, but you can also install an optional VESA compatible wall mount or monitor stand.

Setting up the Lenovo ThinkCentre A70z's software takes tad more time but nothing more than any other desktop or laptop. You're asked if you want to install virus protection, make backups, install a trial version of Microsoft Office 2007, and register your PC. This takes only a few minutes and once complete you're good to go. It is nice to see these installations being made optional in case you have alternative software available so there is no need to uninstall bundled software.

The A70z has a 19" widescreen display with a 1440×900 resolution. The display is matte finish not glossy like many of today's All-in-one systems. Overall, it’s a good display.
The Lenovo ThinkCentre A70z boots up on average in about 30 seconds to the Windows 7 log in screen, pretty impressive. In my day to day usage I find the system zips along quite nicely.

The integrated speakers, which run along the bottom of the monitor, have decent sound quality and are able to reach a fairly high volume level before distorting the sound.

USB 2.0 ports are plentiful with four on the back and another three on the right side where you'll also find a Gigabit Ethernet port and a serial port.

I found the noise level to be extremely quiet. I set the A70z up on a small portable table next to where I sit to watch TV and didn't have to adjust the volume on the TV, even when the A70z was in use.

Lenovo tries it's hand at going Green. Not only is the Lenovo ThinkCentre A70z packaged in eco-friendly material, but it’s also Energy Star 5.0 compliant.

Lenovo has a short video of the A70z which you can view by clicking the below link.
Lenovo MediaPlayer

reading those specs, I think it's pretty obsolete already, a dual core, 2 gigs mem and running 32 bits

don't see why anyone informed would buy this

If they happened to find as a bargain then maybe, otherwise I agree perris

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back