Lengthy sigs...

D

Dartman

What's with all you lot posting line after line of system specs in your sigs? What a colossal waste of space - especially when the same stuff appears time after time after time in the same thread. Really, who cares???

Smacks of 'mine is bigger than yours' - No doubt some lists are genuine, but it's probably just wishful thinking for some ppl. Plus it's pretty sad when your sig is longer than your post.

Yeah, I can choose to hide the sigs, and I might do that to reduce the clutter, but I shouldn't have to.

How about a new forum topic called something like 'My System Rocks' - then anyone interested in bragging can do it in there instead of taking up space elsewhere.

Cheers!

I don't mind them, although Iceman38's is about the biggest i'd like to see :D

This ain't really a problem for me (cable rules) but I can imagine sigs with large pictures of specs (mad onion forms anyone?) could be annoying - but then again don't be so lazy, you only have a tick a box and they're gone. Can't say i've seen sigs like that neither.

No I think Dartman has a valid point.

Whats the point of having your system specs listed?!

If someone needs to know part of your system they can ask.

sometimes you can trouble shoot a problem thru someone's system specs.

u guys are totally correct...

from now let's all drive the same kind of car, same color, same interior, live in the same type of house, same color, inside and outside, listen to the same music.........

no more individual thought allowed..........

no more individual freedom................

let's all become robots............

:D :D

Originally posted by xsk8zerox
5 posts and you already trying to piss people off?
ROTFL - Why on earth would you think that??? No, I'm not trying to piss you or anybody else off. Anyone who gets PO'd at such a simple little comment/observation is just too bloody sensitive! :rolleyes:

After all, this is the General Chatter forum, right... so all I'm doing here is generally chattering. I know I can switch the sigs off - that's not the point. I just think that stuffing a sig like that is wasteful - especially when it shows up 20 times in the same thread. I'm much more interested in reading what you people are saying - I couldn't care less what you may or may not have on the desk in front of you.

And just WHAT does the number of posts have to do with anything anyway? Answer: SFA!!

Cheers!

I dont have a problem with long TEXT sigs, like with system specs, contact info, etc. Although those signatires with the big jpeg banners can be annoying. It can take forever to load the page with those huge banners

JJB

Originally posted by JJB6486
I dont have a problem with long TEXT sigs, like with system specs, contact info, etc. ...JJB

Well JJB, at least yours is nicely formatted instead of a great long list...

I was going to mention the pics as well, but I didn't want to get the sensitive folks PO'd at me!!! :D

Honestly there is a lot of advice being flung around on the boards, and with anything there is a lot of people who THINK they know everything there is to know about computers. I like to see the sig cause I like to see what hardware a person uses, sometimes I feel a little more comfortable if someone is saying hey this RAM is great or this mainboard is great cause you can do this and this and this with it... Etc. Etc. A person who takes the time out to build custom systems usually wants a lil more UMMPPPH from their computer they push their systems to the max they abuse they're creations. to me thats the kind of people who I want to take advice from, i want to know what they think about certain hardware and software, because they generally know what they are doing. No self respecting Computer Guro would be working on a Gateway or a Dell, I mean thats the for the General Public. Anyway just me two cents! Hey does my post beat out my sig ;)! Just playing!

ha...I'm the only one that gets you dart...you're havin some fun, and airing a pet pieve at the same time...cool...

I hate cats...

btw, when I was stuck with dialup, I turned off animations, sigs, eveything, so I understand what you're sayin.

Originally posted by dealer
ha...I'm the only one that gets you dart...you're havin some fun, and airing a pet pieve at the same time...cool...

Exactly. 'nuff said.

Funny thread!:p

352 Terabyte HD
Mind Control HID
Direct Neural Gaming Interlink

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back