Left 4 Dead

I am with you Xie, I have been burned too many times on too many games that everyone raved about just to find out it ether sucked after 15 mins of play or was soo beatable it wasn't worth the money to begin with.

The VERSUS mode is the most unique and absolutely AWESOME gameplay experience.

I love the CS zombie mods but this just takes it to a whole other level :D

Well, the demo was out for awhile, why did you not play?
TBH, I just found out about it the other day. :( I play mostly MMO's so hadn't fired up Steam in a while.

Valve set the default (locked) for Versus is the Normal difficulty :(

I had been playing on Advanced (which was more fun) and hated playing on expert (didn't play a single game where either side actually completed a level).

Normal is just too easy. If either side has at least 2 competent players, you complete levels every time. With advanced, everything became a little more of a challenge and less health and pills spawned and fewer weapon upgrades spawned :(

On a positive note, I am up to 41 achievements now (I think).

:D

Iv been watching the game play tailors and playing teasers and other such goodies ...and from what iv seen its one hell of a game.

not sure if you guys will know but there isa game critic called yantzee crossshaw his reviews are call Zero punctuation there funny as hell but very accurate hes doing one on the game and i think you should give it a look

just check zero punctuation on youtube and get his site not to sure if i can link it on here...very new

ne ways have a good one guys

Raver 2nv :)

Left 4 Dead Review - By Ron

Left 4 Dead is an amazing game with an even more amazing concept, you may be thinking that the Zombie concept has been done to death, and you would be right but no one has done it as well as Valve, while playing this game you can feel a real sense of 'fear' if you want to call it that. Although when you're playing with your friends and you know they're controlling the zombies that calms you down a little bit, but if you are looking to buy a zombie game this is the one you should buy and here's why.

The gameplay is amazing, I play it on PC and although the campaign that you play can be repetative it really doesn't get old. The Zombies that are controlled by the AI are %100 random and they will keep you on your toes. The games AI is smart as well, if you are doing really poorly the Zombies do let up a little bit and if you're doing very well the game makes things a little harder. With AI like this you are always on your toes. The amazing thing about this games co-op is; it's REALLY co-op. This is not just another game where your friend is dragged a long helping you while not 'really' helping you. This is real co-op. You need every team mate to survive, although you may lose one or two team mates it makes it extremely difficult if you're not pro.

Leave your pack and you will get picked up by a player controlled Zombie and you can not get free without the help of your team. The maps and graphics in this game are just stunning, everything looks very real and the 28 days later type zombies keep the game fun and scary.

let me know what you guys think of the game.

Ron, if you read any of the replies in this thread, ya would know most of us think the game is AWESOME! I got most of the achievements and since then stopped playing. It's been about 3 weeks since I played, I guess since I started working more.

I hope to pick it up more soon :)

I basically just haven't had time to play it, hoping to soon or over christmas.

Yea Christmas is the time I am hoping to get many gaming done as well.

You should go watch yahtzee's take on it, as always pretty pretty funny.

Still wish they had a demo. :p Oh well, $50 I'll spend on WAR instead. :)

EP, dude, you need to get back on Steam and play some of the games :(

L4D has had some updates and they released some big updates for TF2's engy i.e. you can upgrade the teleporter AND the dispenser to lvl 3, just like the gun :)

Yeah I had a quick go with that.
I keep checking to see if you are about but you fail at online.

my pc can't run such games =(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back