leechget

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
After a long time, a new LeechGet version is final and released. LeechGet 1.0 RC 1500 provides a lot more features, a sophisticated Download Engine and the possibility to control Bandwidth usage through "Download Profiles".

However, this is the first version that is not entirely free anymore! There is a Personal Edition which is free for private use, if you want to utilize LeechGet for commercial purposes, you have to acquire a Premium License.

Net transport is my favourite (downloads streaming real audio) but hasn't been updated in a while which is why I didn't post a new thread :)

Started using this recently, quite like it actually. Integrates with FireBird well.

Unfortunately it's now ltd to 3 simultaneous downloads. Unsure how long this will remain freeware :(

the thing i hate about leech get is its too complicated and it takes up 20k of mem. 20k of mem seems like a lot for a download comp. but still. good software.

Originally posted by X-Istence
Dont need leechget on this connection i am on.

X-Istence: Some of these apps do make a difference even on fast connections, since they make multiple connections to the server to download several pieces of the file at the same time, which IE/Firebird don't do.

Remember the screenshot I showed you the other day while I was downloading the Revolutions trailer on my 24mbit connection?
3mbit.png
It was considerably faster with FreshDownload than with a standard Firebird download.

FreshDownload! Great app, gonna do grab that now, I un-installed leechget earlier :p

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
FreshDownload! Great app, gonna do grab that now, I un-installed leechget earlier :p

Yup, been using it since it's earliest versions :)

I thought a lot of the download sites were starting to block programs that tried to open multiple sessions to speed up download?

Not true?

If so it would be nice to see my whole bandwir\dth used on downlaods, not just 15-20% on many sites.

Originally posted by NetRyder
X-Istence: Some of these apps do make a difference even on fast connections, since they make multiple connections to the server to download several pieces of the file at the same time, which IE/Firebird don't do.

Remember the screenshot I showed you the other day while I was downloading the Revolutions trailer on my 24mbit connection?
3mbit.png
It was considerably faster with FreshDownload than with a standard Firebird download.

I tested with a lot of different apps, and nothing can beat wget. So i dont know, is it just me or does wget do what all those download apps do?

Leechget looks nice and includes a Web-Parser (now they've limited his too :() as well as a comprehensive log so you know what's going on in the backgeound compared to Fresh Download.

My favourite is Net Transport
Currently Net Transport provides support for RTSP downloads, but every RTSP job allows only one thread at a time. Another restriction is that we guarantee successful downloads only from Real Server (including Helix Server) using RDT - RealNetworks Data Transport data transfer protocol.

Net Transport can download PNA streams (URLs that start from pnm:// protocol). Simply rename the "pnm" prefix to "rtsp" and add the server port to the resulting URL (PNA default port is 7070). For instance,
pnm://www.realserver.com/movie.rm should be renamed to rtsp://www.realserver.com:7070/movie.rm.

From version 1.20, Net Transport added support for HTTPS, and you can also download HTTPS streaming via HTTP<Connect>, SOCKS4&5, which only Net Transport can do, especially in SOCKS5.
http://lycos26486.l78.lycos.com.cn/default.htm

Originally posted by LeeJend
I thought a lot of the download sites were starting to block programs that tried to open multiple sessions to speed up download?

Not true?

Yes, it's true. I noticed that when I was downloading the Slackware 9.1 ISOs a few weeks ago. Most servers didn't allow it.
But there are still some servers that, for whatever reason, allow you to make multiple connections (ftp.sunset.se still does; I get the fastest download speeds for Linux ISOs there). So download accelerators/managers are still useful in such situations.

Originally posted by X-Istence
I tested with a lot of different apps, and nothing can beat wget. So i dont know, is it just me or does wget do what all those download apps do?

Are you talking about the wget in Linux/BSD or the Windows port?
I've used the Linux one on multiple occasions, but I've never bothered to try the Windows port.

I always have a connection going to my server Breached, which is about 50 feet down, and 50 feet over from where i am sitting.

So i use the BSD wget, and i have used the windows port, but i like downloading to my BSD, scanning the stuff with clam AV and making sure it aint got no virus, and then having fun :).

Originally posted by NetRyder

3mbit.png

DUDE!
How did you get a 24 MBIT CONNECTION, and how/where can I get one?
:p :D

Hehe, not sure if and where you can get one for personal use, but the 24mbit one in the screenshot is from the connection in my university dorm room.
:D
The connection I have back home is 3mbit down, 256kbit up, which isn't bad either.

lol. ok.
thank god.
i thought this was a home connection!
yeah. im on a 3000 down/384 up.
cant wait till collage now.

Originally posted by punkandacoke
cant wait till college now.

Yeah, I can't imagine the reaction of the 56k users when they start using this connection here :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back