LEDs not working

Eck

.user
With this new system I've built, everything is running flawlessly except for one thing: neither the power nor the harddrive LED on the front panel works. I've checked, re-checked, and checked again to make sure I've hooked them up right according to my motherboard manual. Is it possible that the lights in my case or bad or the LED "wire" is bad? My case is exactly like this one here but with a 300 watt P4 power supply instead.

flip the wires, you probably have them pluged in backwards. My HD led didn't work until I turned the connector around.

Yay, it worked. I thought about trying that, but then I knew that I had all of the labeled sides facing the same way. I thought that was how it worked, but obviously not. Way to make me feel like a retard! Hehe

Heheh ... I had the same problem. My PC speaker (the beeper) would never work. One day I opened up the case, and plugged it in the other way, and voila! :p

mine didnt' work either
never bothred trying anything
flipped the hdd one arround just now
n i got a nice red led going now :D

but the system led the one that is on when the system is on
i cant turn it around
if i do turn it around i have to take out the connector for the power button
and i need that to start my computer lol
oh well i got the hdd one working
looks cool
im gonna try and cut off the extra part on the end of the power led
and maybe get that working too:rolleyes:

Originally posted by NetRyder
Heheh ... I had the same problem. My PC speaker (the beeper) would never work. One day I opened up the case, and plugged it in the other way, and voila! :p
That's really strange. LEDs are polarity sensitive (you need to plug them the right way), speakers are not...
Unless you have a piezo-speaker which I am a bit unsure of.

yeah, zedric... netryder flipping his pc speaker connector around didn't make sense to me either. and i'm 95% sure that it doesn't matter with piezo's either.

maybe it just needed to be reconnected to get a better contact.

if you don't mind me asking, i noticed you have a soyo p4x400 motherboard, how is it? i'm looking at getting a soyo 845pe mobo, and am trying to find out how people like soyo products, how is it?

Originally posted by taurus
yeah, zedric... netryder flipping his pc speaker connector around didn't make sense to me either. and i'm 95% sure that it doesn't matter with piezo's either.

maybe it just needed to be reconnected to get a better contact.

I don't think that was it ... I tried reconnecting it the same way and it wouldn't work. It had to be in that particular direction for it to work :blink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back