Lebanon Situation

Kush

High On Life!
crazy øøøø, i heard that hariri (prime minister)has been killed but no one knows.
BBC

Re: Beruit Car Bomb

no one have thoughts about this? this man reuilt much of what is lebanon today, i saw a video that just came on the news a group called jihad al shark i think claimed responsibilty they are a saudi terrorist group based in syria. i love lebanon a lot even though im not lebanese, and their people (im egyptian) and well anyways this could be a major setback in the arab world, i hope nothing evolves and the syrians get out of lebanon!

Just heard that on news but wasn't quite sure. Sad to hear that. :( This could develop into more conflicts.

I promise I'm not meaning to be rude or insensitive about Arab culture--I honestly want to know--but why are there so many assassinations? Is it a cultural thing, or do we just hear about it more on the news?

Unwonted said:
I promise I'm not meaning to be rude or insensitiveabout Arab culture--I honestly want to know--but why are there so manyassassinations? Is it a cultural thing, or do we just hear about itmore on the news?

It's not a cultural thing.

I believe this goes back to the civil war, and then the Israeli incursion. At one point Beirut was a city of armed camps, so it is expected that large munitions are still there. Hell the US still has drive-bys so the fact that they are using larger explosives for pretty much the same reason does not surprise me.

Unwonted said:
I promise I'm not meaning to be rude or insensitive about Arab culture--I honestly want to know--but why are there so many assassinations? Is it a cultural thing, or do we just hear about it more on the news?
not a culture thing. just a very confused generation of ppl. and media can exaggerate sometimes....

oh and now im scared to go to lebanon....that øøøø scares me to death sometimes

Unwonted said:
no its not cultural, the reason hariri was killed was because he wanted syria out of lebanon, and syria controls leb, thats was he was killed

The U.S. diplomat to Syria, was called home.

hmmmmm. maybe very suspicious on the part of Syria?

another explosion in shaymoon, i think i heard it took down a building

turns out it was in shewyfat not in shaymooon

ok nice to know that is was just a gas tanker that blew up, but still killed 2 people and injuried 2 people, i dont know if it was an attack, but i dont think it was

watch the news tomorrow, my friend told me there will be a dangerious protest in leb hope nothing bad happens

just watching the news and i dont know whatst the name of this guy whos holding a press release and he was explaining how it had to be from under ground because of Ions or somthing also it had been reported that there was digging going on right where his car was parked the day before it happened, so they are asking the mayor of beirut who was digging there the day before, and why.

ok VERY GOOD NEWS!!!! THE LEBANESE GOVERNMENT (PRO SYRIAN) Has RESIGNED!

ps can a mod change the name of this thread to something Like Lebanon Situation or somthin?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back