leaked?

F

feliclope

i read so many times in the main page the word "leaked".
what this mean?

means the original software maker has not made it available to the general public yet, but somebody got it and "leaked" it for other people to use.

:cool:

your roof is leaking.....

no, really, leaked means "beta" software that was released before time, it was not suposed to get to you, like water leaking in your roof :D

nIabI

Generally it means the person who posted the news got work from someone, or the company that will be releasing the product has leaked the information.

Moved to General Chatter

Just a point of clarification... if you are going to define a word, do not use the word you are trying to define. It will not help the person, who doesn't know the word, in the first place.

Leaked, in this context, means "escaped". So the software was meant to be concealed until it was to be officially released. It was made available earlier than intended, it "escaped".

Hmm, since we're being quite technical about the definition:

Main Entry: 1leak
Pronunciation: 'lEk
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English leken, from Old Norse leka; akin to Old English leccan to moisten, Middle Irish legaid it melts
Date: 14th century
intransitive senses
1 a : to enter or escape through an opening usually by a fault or mistake <fumes leak in> b : to let a substance or light in or out through an opening
2 a : to become known despite efforts at concealment b : to be the source of an information leak
transitive senses
1 : to permit to enter or escape through or as if through a leak
2 : to give out (information) surreptitiously <leaked the story to the press>
- leak·er /'lE-k&r/ noun

Hope this clears up the definition of Leaked

Thank you teacher Bob! lol. I need to work on my english a little more... any good lessons available? :-D

Originally posted by Bob S
Just a point of clarification... if you are going to define a word, do not use the word you are trying to define. It will not help the person, who doesn't know the word, in the first place.

Leaked, in this context, means "escaped". So the software was meant to be concealed until it was to be officially released. It was made available earlier than intended, it "escaped".

Just a further point of clarification, I think feliclope understood what I said. and it is good to use the word in the sentence, it lets people know how the word is used properly.

This ain't English class ;)

:cool:

I wouldnt touch leaked software or beta software unless you really..really need to.. as who know wot it will bugga up on your sys.. 9 times outta 10.. it will!!! IMO...

Winamp3 which appears on the homepage. I lost where the thread for the orginal discusion was.

I have used the latest version from winamp.com and am now using this new leaked version without a hitch - works nicely!!
(I did a clean install btw)

The 2.8 version or the Winamp3 version. I tried the leaked version and I couldn't even get my playlists to load right. and Winamp3 was too much of a RAM hog.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back