leadtek fx5600 256 3dmark03 scores

kingsam

OSNN Addict
HI just bought a fx5600 256 card,only x4agp cause my board is only x4.What scores roughly should i be getting?
asus a7v333
xp2500 barton
512pc2700
audigy card
2x40gb maxtor drives
plex rewriter

first go i got 2498 score.
is that about right.Thanks

Cant you compare your results to people with the same/similar PC as yours on the FutureMark website??

I'm sure that's one of its features.

Originally posted by kingsam
HI just bought a fx5600 256 card,only x4agp cause my board is only x4.What scores roughly should i be getting?
asus a7v333
xp2500 barton
512pc2700
audigy card
2x40gb maxtor drives
plex rewriter

first go i got 2498 score.
is that about right.Thanks

yes that sounds about right... and no the agp 4x board will not cause any noticeable loss in performance... even in benchmarks...

hey sazar if i have a ti4200 and the same specs as him will i get higher than that score?

Originally posted by prodj88
hey sazar if i have a ti4200 and the same specs as him will i get higher than that score?

no...

he has a dx9 card... he can run game test 4... you can't... :)

therefore straight away he will get better scores than you... no matter what happens if he compares HIS scores with YOUR scores and everything else remains the same..

in 3dmark2001se... you might be a lot closer though...

Originally posted by prodj88
like sazar said, is score will be higher... but if you look at the individual test scores (game test 1, 2, 3), you might be higher. especially in game test 1 (all dx7). test 2 and 3 are both dx8 but with dx9 pixel shading techniques.. so dx8 cards get screwed even there.

these are all reasons why i don't go by 2003. i continue to use 2001.

Originally posted by taurus
test 2 and 3 are both dx8 but with dx9 pixel shading techniques..

I dun think thats right m8 :)

gt 2 and 3 both use ps 1.4 (fallback to 1.1) and this is certainly not ps 2.0 (dx9)

only gt4 uses any dx9 features and that too only in some places (namely water and sky with ps 2.0)

ergo... gt2 and 3 are not dx9 in any way... they are certainly dx8 tests however... and IIRC the nv31 has fallback from ps2.0 to 1.3/1.1 therefore the performance should be the same as or worse than a 4200... of course this depends on whether the board is an ultra or not... and ultra should be the same as or faster than the 4200...

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030311/geforcefx-5600-5200-16.html

this is a small sample of results... bear in mind this is the unpatched version of 3dmark03 (ie nvidia optimizations still in effect for gf FX gpu's)... but gives an indication of the performance expected in that setup (remove around 15-20% from the 5600 score for an accurate idea of its performance relative to the 4200)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back