LCD or Plasma

yes i do sell pioneer plasmas ... along with sharp aquos, philips, panasonic, runco, ect ect.

again ...if 800 is what you can afford ...and you have a standard tv right now ... you are doing yourself a favor already ... but make sure the model you purchase has at least one on air hdtv receiver ..and hdmi inputs ..being that is the future of this digital age. i say this because ... if you need to purchase an additional on air receiver ..thats another 200 bucks along with the hdmi cable .... DONT EVER PURCHASE A CABLE that costs more than 30 bucks.

i wont argue about the picture quality on some of the lcd's ..its getting better ...but the 2ms response time is something they had to invent for lcd ..being there is lag with the technology. that is gray to gray response with optimum digital connections too ... which doesn't throw in atmospheric conditions such as lighting, temperature, humidity, color from which its changing from ..ect. Theoretical and real world are different most times ..and its probably more like 12ms on average ...which is still great ..but even at that ..its 12ms slower than plasma.

the most brilliant and accurate color comes from plasma ... and probably will remain that way for the forseable future .... even the lcd manufacturers admit this. there are certain things on lcd ... once you notice ... are like having a large scratch or ding in your car door somewhere ... its not really a big deal ...but it sticks in your head and its a nagging issue... most of this i talk about is shadowing ..and certain shades of colors .. around peoples eyes ... anywhere there are creases in onces skin ... blinking ... even scenes with many explosions or any scene where there are lots of shadows or poor lighting.

im a trained professional with gazillions of customer experiences with all the above ..lcd, plasma, dlp, hd tubes, even projectors.

every training seminar ive ever attended ... along with all this 3rd party literature rates in order the following from greatest to worst as far as general picture quality/performance per dollar ...

1. plasma 2. lcd 3 tube hd 4.projector ... you can exchange projector with dlp or lcd depending on what you purchase ..but a 40k projector is not considered something of normal use ...again thats just with picture quality.

lcd is more versatile ..being its cool to play your ps3 or xbox 360 on or even use as a computer monitor.... you can with plasma as well ..but there are things you should be careful doing

I thought you did. I thought I was looking at sales pitch....

I have a few options right now, all are LCDs. One is a Westinghouse 37" that is 1080p but it all depends on whether or not I win it. :)

I have a Westinghouse 22" LCD screen, and I love the damn thing!

no its not a sales pitch ... its what is the best around .. and me selling them makes no difference. pioneer pioneered the plasma and every manufacturer pays them royalties for the technology ... and of course they dont license their proprietary best stuff ...such as manufacturing (pioneer is the only manufacturer to use 1 piece of glass for instance) ... and are assembled right in long beach california with internal parts manufactured here ..or in Japan... another "only one to say that." hell ..3 year old pioneer plasmas are better than the majority of todays panels ... besides their own todays panels of course. pioneer customer support is the best bar none ... and they are more than happy to keep their plasma customers happy at almost all cost ... panasonic is good at this too ... although latley ive been seeing more and more panasinic televisions with cracked screens and loud buzzes out of the box... something i have NEVER seen with a Pioneer... again i think this comes from them being assembled in Long Beach ... so they don't make the trek via container across the pacific... where on average upto 10% are broken during transit. Also ..the quality assurance is much better here ...than overseas at a contract manufacturer ..where most times they only test 1 in a thousand ... in good ole california ..they test every one.

sure ..their speakers come from china ..but who cares when you are talking about televisions.

there is a reason they cost more ... and being a television is generally something an average american family keeps for 7-10 years ... the added 700 bucks is worth it of course if thats close to your budget.

lastly with more than 80% of HDTV purchasers buying them on credit ... 700 more dollars isn't really a big difference when you already have 2500 on the table.

i've seen samsung high end lcd monitors that beat any other display out there (those with 2ms response time and insanely high contrast and luminance)

would you care to quantify how you mean the quote above?

I say it before I will say it again... response time means NOTHING beyond 16ms your eye can not see the difference...

Not to mention there is NO industry standard for measuring response time.

it SHOULD be measured from the deepest black to solid white and back again, and MOST manufacturers go with the median Gray to white to Gray to measure since there are no specifications for them to "follow"

So the manufacturers numbers mean nothing...

Plasmas are the better buy right now due to price vs life expectancy...

I PREFER LCDs but could not in good conscience justify the cost unless you are using it for professional/business reasons where you can get true benefit from the LCD...

Lastly I would point out that many plasmas have much better viewing angles, I say this because many people ever think about this. They realize it WAY TOO late when they spend the extra $$$ on an LCD only to find out if they are standing at an angle they see only a portion of the screen...

Just a few things to think about...

I have a Westinghouse 22" LCD screen, and I love the damn thing!

Westinghouse has CRAP speakers...

I know I have the 37" model :cry: Too bad you didnt win it Shep it is a GREAT picture...!!

they picture is amazing I would reccomend it to anyone who already has a surround sund theater system, just dont use the TVs speakers...

sounds like we got a damn humming bird in the TV when there's alot of BASS in the movies or shows we watch...

especially this last show from THE UNIT with all the big explosions and all...

Mike A!

Last edited:
mlakrid: Indeed it does have crap speakers, however I have two really nice Bose PC speakers and they are awesome.

would you care to quantify how you mean the quote above?

I say it before I will say it again... response time means NOTHING beyond 16ms your eye can not see the difference...

Not to mention there is NO industry standard for measuring response time.

it SHOULD be measured from the deepest black to solid white and back again, and MOST manufacturers go with the median Gray to white to Gray to measure since there are no specifications for them to "follow"

So the manufacturers numbers mean nothing...

i know numbers mean little, but trust me, watch one of those and they'll blow you away (sry i don't know the model name to post it but i saw it at a retailer over a year ago)

as for viewing angles, only old/cheap lcds have this problem (and some computer monitors)... i have a 32" philips and it never bothered me

Oh, I did win in a way. I was the runner up in the auction, and the first person fell through. But this is the response I got from the seller.

"I have begun this offer because the winner of my auction withdrew his bidding and was rejected due to security reasons. There are a lot of bidders who bid on the auctions for fun and I hope you are serious and we can make a clear deal.
In order to make the transaction legit so we can be able to exchange feedback once
completed i have to get in touch with eBay SCO Department. I need to provide them the following details:

* your complete name
* your complete shipping address
* a phone # where you can be reached by the shipping agent

I'm located overseas for the moment, in United Kingdom because my little sister is getting married and i couldn't miss this once in a life time moment. She found her true love over here in England. I have to stay here for at least two weeks.
Must inform you that I have the item in the custody of the shipping company in the US, who helps me every time to ship the goods to the buyers addresses. A 100% serious company and i have a contract with them. Regarding the shipping insurance,who protects my items from any damages on the way to the buyer, i can inform you that it's already paid. Shipping in US and Canada is covered by me so don't have to be worried to pay extra charges for delivery.So the total and final price you need to pay is US $750.00.
Once you provide me the requested details (full name, address and phone #) i will
contact the eBay SCO Department and they will do the rest. They will send you the
rest of the instructions and info regarding this SCO process. You need to follow the instructions exactly so we can be both protected by their Purchase Protection and Refund program. Positive feedback is assured once everything is fixed up.

Thank You and along with the requested details email me with any other questions you may have!!

All the best,"

Needless to say, I was leery of this seller and choose the Olevia 537H

Needless to say, I was leery of this seller and choose the Olevia 537H

You were right to wonder about him...

ALL he had to do was send you a second chance offer...

What an A$$HAT!

:laugh: :rolleyes:

Mike A!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back