LCD monitor problem?

mooo

thecyberninja
My brothers monitor doesn't seem to be working, and I am wondering a few things it could be. Someone said the bulb in it went out and I was wondering if its able to be replaced? Its a gateway 19inch so i don't want him to just throw it away. It turns on, the computers reconize it (i use dual display) but nothing is shown.

Thanks,
moo

are the brightness/contrast settings ok?
will it work as the only monitor connected?
what does it do when it "turns on"? is there a static sound or just a LED?
is it under warranty?
what was it's state when it stopped working?

Apparently he tried to turn it on and it didn't come on. The light comes on when its turned on and what not and my pc with dual out reconizes it is what i thought was odd. You can't change any of the settings and can't see anything.

have the backlight swapped. Its only one or more florescent tubes shouldn't be too expensive to get repaired if its out of warranty.

I don't know much about it and what I do know is from stuff read - but I believe that in some monitors, the lamps are changeable, whereas in others you'll need to solder. The latter is probably more common.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back