lcd dvi port

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access

Attachments

• dvi.jpg
    dvi.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 304
Umm, yeah seems to be missing some holes or a guide blade....

There is a gray slash on the left where a guide blade should go if you look closely.

May be soem proprietary Dell crap. Does it have an adapter plug maybe? (Hopefully)

Attachments

• DVI.JPG
    DVI.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 770
Last edited:
'proprietary' = Dell, Fijitsu, , IBM, Apple etc. Fact of life, they want to bleed you dry of every last penny even though they look as if they are giving you a good deal to start with. When you want to upgrade, most of the time you need to buy crap of them!!!

I'm drunk so ignore this post if you want ;)

SPeedY_B has a 2405FPW plugged into his PowerMac. He might be able to shed some light on it. :)

looks like he used flash and it bleached out the rest of the port - those ports are shiny remember - dell doenst do proprietarty until you get into the server arena.

Tell your friend to turn off the flash and send the photo again :D

LordOfLA said:
looks like he used flash and it bleached out the rest of the port - those ports are shiny remember - dell doenst do proprietarty until you get into the server arena.

Tell your friend to turn off the flash and send the photo again :D

I agree!

Yeah, that photo was really waaay bleached.

After using some Photoshop enhancing thingies you can now see that the port is most likely a DVI-D dual link port. Which means that a DVI-I cable won't fit.

Attachments

• dvi_hicontrast.jpg
    dvi_hicontrast.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 226
Zedric said:
Yeah, that photo was really waaay bleached.

After using some Photoshop enhancing thingies you can now see that the port is most likely a DVI-D dual link port. Which means that a DVI-I cable won't fit.

Zedric wins clever cookie of the month award :D

Displays don't use proprietary tech. Wrt Dell generally the mobo's and a few internal connectors are proprietary, everything else conforms to tech for the consumer side for the most part.

well again thanks for all the help everyone.

with the help here we figured out what he needs and is going to take care of it.

btw nice ps work zedric

Nice work, Zedric... got you to an even 1400! :p

Hey, I've just realised that I ordered a gfx card with dual DVI-I ports, but my monitor only has vga and DVI-D connections on it. Will I be able to connect my monitor to the gfx card when I receive it? Or will there be an adapter supplied to change the connections so that it can fit my monitor?

ming said:
Hey, I've just realised that I ordered a gfx card with dual DVI-I ports, but my monitor only has vga and DVI-D connections on it. Will I be able to connect my monitor to the gfx card when I receive it? Or will there be an adapter supplied to change the connections so that it can fit my monitor?
Your graphics card probably won't come with a DVI-I cable, so so far no problem. If your monitor had a DVI cable, it must have been a DVI-D, which will fit in a DVI-I connector.

If you only have a VGA cable however, there is most likely one or two DVI-I to VGA adapters packages with your graphics card (if you bought a retail package and not bulk/oem) that you can use.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back