Latest additions to my home cinema setup...

LordOfLA

Godlike!
And some black bookshelf speakers on stands round the back :)

Got these from avforums.com for under £100 + postage, research indicates these were well over £800 when the guy bought them brand-new several years back. Looking around speaker tech hasn't changed much since.

Coupled with the Asus Xonar and my Yamaha AV amp these sound awesome, they really let you know when you're listening to 128kb MP3 instead of FLAC though.... :p

Edit: oh the centre speaker is hiding behind the monitor cos it's a cheap daweoo thing :p

Attachments

• 10072009017.jpg
    10072009017.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 893
  • 10072009018.jpg
    10072009018.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 274
  • 10072009019.jpg
    10072009019.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 423
  • 10072009020.jpg
    10072009020.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 164
Nice! Uhmm why do you have the carpet spikes on (nevermind last picture was over exposed)

Shouldn't they be on either side of your tv?

nice! :]

screw flac, u better get some dts albums to go with that :D

Nice! Uhmm why do you have the carpet spikes on (nevermind last picture was over exposed)

Shouldn't they be on either side of your tv?

N95 on auto mode :p

Strictly speaking yes, but the way the way I have my room setup thats not practical.

ohh, true.. and ac3filter doesn't work with foobar either

well, u can use MPC:HC if u have it :]

I haven't had my reciever/speakers hooked up for months :(

ohh, true.. and ac3filter doesn't work with foobar either

well, u can use MPC:HC if u have it :]

Just tried it. I get a hiss :)

I do have a dts plugin for foobar, but its a bit scratchy in places. Had to dig it up to play all 410MB of Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene (New Master Recording 2007).wav.dts :D

ohh, well, when u get it sorted out thats gonna be more than a treat! : D

Can't you send the DTS pass thorugh and let the yamaha do the work?

Yes but not via analogue output. Using optical would be a waste of a £125 soundcard with superior audio processing than that of the amplifier :)

for a true 96/24 DTS recording it would be worth it. Anything else, let the xonar do the work.

I have a 192/24 soundcard and a quad-core CPU that can decode DTS TrueHD for breakfast, why would I use the amp which has inferior DAC's and inferior SNR?

My amp is atleast 3rd user and several years old. To get the same performance as my soundcard I'd have to go out and spend a four figure sum on a new current-tech AV amplifier.

The amp is there to make sound louder, drive those speakers and allow my xbox 360 to make noises besides the dvd drive and cooling fan :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back