Latency Issue

S

Sh|te

I have got 256kb ADSL

Soho-sw8p+ Switch
(http://www.cameo.com.tw/pdf/SOHO-SW8P-SW8P+.pdf)

Billion ADSL Modem/Router
(http://www.hardwareseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=55410)

2 pc's, both are running Windows XP Sp1. I have got the modem running into network card on main pc then another network card from the main pc goin to the switch then the other pc hooks up to the switch. I go to play CS ... either one of the pc's connect to a server 30-40 ping, as soon as the other pc joins ping goes up n up n up ... etc.:mad:

Please HELP:(
Kind Regards
Steve

I dont believe it no one can help my problem with the latency issue ? ....... i dont believe it

You should configure like this, no need for another NIC and ICS;

DSL Line ==WAN Port> Router/Modem <LAN Port== Switch ==> both PCs

i have exactly the same problem.
cable == modem == router == 4 pc's

and when two pc's play cs we can get pings up to 3k :huh:

dang ... im 256bk up / 64kb down LOL
can believe ur getting 3grand pings ... what about if 2 pc's are in game u still get high pings ?

thats when 2 pc's are in game :| i dont wanna know how high the ping will be with 4 pc's in game :p
so we play in turns here ;)

oohhhh ****e .... yeah i dont have a clue whats goin on hey ... this little network has got me stumped ... can ne one else help?

Kind Regards
Steve

That connection of yours isn't really great. A ping below 100 is good. My brother (I don't play CS) get "moving" ping as well, between 30 and 200 on a similar setup. Though we have 10Mbit up/down.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back