• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Laserjet 4500 problems

W

whiteboyhatcher

Not sure if anyone can help with this?

I have just purchased a reconditioned HP Laserjet 4500. Upon delivery, several clips that hold the flaps which indicate which colour toner goes where, came loose - several falling into the machine itself!:mad:

The magenta and cyan flaps are now off of the unit, and I cannot insert toner carts without them. :eek:

The company that I purchased the unit from is about 200 miles away, and have said that they will pick up, repair(if poss), and return to me - but it will all take time - about 2 weeks:confused:

Does anyone have any ideas - I have got this fantastic printer, but can't use it:mad:

Any help would be great.

Hatcher

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach him how to fish, and you can sell him equipment

R

RobbieSan

I work for a computer reseller and we do that sort of work.. in this particular case you would pay us $85 (1 hour labor) and we could set eveything back up and test the printer in shop to make sure it's all good.. short of sending it back you'll have to get a qualified printer (HP laser) technician to do it.. be careful of the cheaper places.. cheap doesn't always equate to as good or better...

W

whiteboyhatcher

Thanks robbiesan.

Unfortunately, I live in London, UK. I have no problems paying for an engineer, but i do not want to pay the £500 Hewlett Packard are charging for a call out!

If anyone lives in the London area, and can do this I will pay a fair price!:D

Please help me get this beast up and running!

Thanks in advance:confused:

Hatcher

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach him how to fish, you can sell him equipment

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithgonzaal