Laptops...

C

Corolla568

I have an old Compaq Presario 1688 running Win98se. What upgrades can i do do this laptop besides memory? I was planning on buying another copy of XP Pro for it, but looking at how fast it is (400mhz)..i dunno. What can i do to this computer?

Current Specs:

AMD K6 3D Processor...okay...it wasn't MY laptop. my sisters for college and she "liked the look"

64MB of SDRAM, which is gonna become 128MB + 64MB.

Some....CD-Rom.....=c)

okay..so i'm not good on specs..but realistically, what upgrades CAN i do to a laptop like this?

Well Laptops r tough to upgrade. That said adding more ram will help if at all possible a faster cpu and a bigger hard-drive but also there isn't a lot that can be upgraded on a laptop

Can't think of anything other than the RAM, which you definitely need to increase.
What about the HDD?

HDD is a measley 4.53Gigs....is it easy to replace a HDD on a laptop? normally?

*Edit* and is it possible to change the processor? i don't think so, right?

Yes, its possible. You'll probably need to contact Compaq for an upgrade.
But I don't think it's possible to get a new processor for it.

a footrest is nice. upgrading laptops is alot more expensive, and especially since you need to go through compaq. tip: buy an extra keyboard/mouse for it, mount it on a desk and use it for word, ppt, html, messaging, etc...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back