Laptop?

Depending on your budget, you could look into Dell, Sony, Toshiba, IBM etc. Different people have had different experiences with them, but they're all good brands.
Of course, you could also look into an iBook or Powerbook if you want to go the Mac way ;)

$1800 is my limit so I know I can get a nice laptop but I'm not use to buying name brands because I build all of the desktops that I have.. All I'm really looking for is a good name brand that also makes thin laptops... I think I'll look at sony...

Yeah, I've seen some really thin and light Sony VAIOs. Nice laptops :)

Do you need an OS, or do you have your own already (e.g. Windows XP Pro Corporate Edition)?

Either way, this one is really nice.

It's a 3.0GHz Pentium with a Mobility Radeon 9000 Pro, has 5.1 surround, 4 USB 2.0 ports, and supports hyperthreading. Add more ram and a bigger hard drive and you're still inside your budget.

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
Do you need an OS, or do you have your own already (e.g. Windows XP Pro Corporate Edition)?

Either way, this one is really nice.

It's a 3.0GHz Pentium with a Mobility Radeon 9000 Pro, has 5.1 surround, 4 USB 2.0 ports, and supports hyperthreading. Add more ram and a bigger hard drive and you're still inside your budget.

That is nice... but is ACI good? I don't want to get anything thats going to break down on my in like 2 months like a gateway ;) :) :D and no I don't need an OS or any software, just the drivers...

Originally posted by DoNuTjC
That is nice... but is ACI good? I don't want to get anything thats going to break down on my in like 2 months like a gateway ;) :) :D and no I don't need an OS or any software, just the drivers...

Yeah, the "bundled" software can be a pain. ;)

Originally posted by DoNuTjC

Check out their warranty section--three years parts, lifetime labor. If this company survives three years (and I'm sure it will), you've gotten a great deal!

I don't like software bundles and pre-loaded OSes either, netryder. Ick :)

Yeah I can do without the software bundles and os... :) Thanks a lot guys... I think i'll get that one...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back