Laptop woes

GunBlade008

OSNN Junior Addict
My laptop was formatted a month ago. Right now, it's probably operating at highly efficient settings. But recently, the laptop wouldn't turn on. At ALL. The battery light just flashes when I plug the laptop to AC power, and will turn on but stay only at a black screen. Is this a hardware problem? I don't think it's a virus.

It's definitely a hardware problem. What brand is the laptop?

Try removing the battery and then turning it on using the AC power.

I did do that, and tried turning on the power without the battery, and it just once again goes to a black screen. Without the AC power, the laptop just wont turn on. It's an HP pavilion ze4300, I'm running XP pro on it. Now the laptop is working, but it's happened before and I want to prevent it.

It just started working again, correct? There's a good chance it'll come back.

I had a similar problem with my Dell Inspiron 6000.

If it does happen again, you'll probably have to call up HP. I had to get my motherboard replaced.

This is assuming that the problem was caused by the same thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back