laptop screen conversion

• Thread starter Arcticcat4Us
  • Start date
A

Arcticcat4Us

I have a destroyed hp pavilion n5425 [ lower portion only].
The screen is in perfect condition.Have (2) plugs coming out at bottom of screen. I want to convert the LCD screen into a stand alone monitor. Anyone know who does this
type of work ??

Yep......complicated it would be, but..... there's always somone
out there who can do it ??!!??!!
It has the 2 plugs coming out...figure one is power and of course the other vga.....NP !!

its not that easy
most lcd's especially in laptops don't use vga they use a digital video input so you would need a decoder/adapter/powersupply interface board........
used to have a link to company that made them.... if i can find ill link

heres something, ive got a lcd/controller there for my car computer earthlcd.com/controllers.htm

Thanks Man....... thats the place !!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^

if they can't whip 0ne out 4 the hp panel....i'm
getting one of their other 1's

Whats really cool is they sell card/screen combo's

i know i got a 12" one there that had a vga converter on back and ran on 12v for a car computer/mp3 player very nice

Let us all know how u go - personally I don't think it can be done - as they LCD display is probably custom made to a specific controller - goodluck

By the way, how did you manage to destroy it anyway?

Hmmmmm....... you wanna know ??????

The laptop was in the pits here in Daytona during trials
last month. We were dyno testing new bikes and some
jerk-off [from Yamacrama] backed out of the staging area
[clearly marked] and ran over it. We n e v e r leave laps
on the ground......first rule when testing.We own several
industrial rolling platforms which house all electronics but
I had embarked on my own quest to dyno the new 4-stroke
from a yet (un-named) mfg. Anyhoooo...... I was where i should'nt of been and i learned a very expensive lesson. BUT.... I did obtain some very interesting info in regards to the new generation of 4-strokes...!!!!!! Results of test will be reviewed in some national
bike mags later this month.

what i can tell ya......... 221 MPH

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back