laptop questions

$

$triker

I honestly know close to nothing about laptops, never bought one and never cared to look into it. But as a graduation gift my parents told me they would buy me the laptop of my choice "within reason." I heard really great things about the alienware area-51m so i went of over to take a look and it's pretty impressive but then again what do I know. I really don't know where to start: alienware or dell or other... what's the dif between intell 4 M or the normal intell 4...
I'd really appreciate the opinions of those of you who have laptops.
Thnx in advance

I Really like the Compaq Presario laptops, they have everything you have in a Desktop comp, but they are small and portable.
as for the perice check out Here , probably can be found at lower prices elsewhere...

The P4M i believe has the ability to lower the clock frequency when it's not being used in order to save power. I think it's also a bit slower than a desktop P4.

the p4 mobile steps down its power usage and core frequency to save precious power and also runs cooler which is essential in a laptop cuz theres not much space for heatsinks and what not

if anyont puts a desktop processor in a laptop to cut costs...slap them

XP abuser is right...If you are getting a laptop, get the P4m. What is the point in having a laptop if the processor drains your battery in an hour or less? BTW does anyone actually have the Area 51m? I'm considering getting one!:D

personally, i like the ibm laptops, i think they have a nice design and they have some pretty decent features.

I have a Dell Lattitude. I have not had any problems with, I got it with 256 ram and windows xp. So I went ahead and got a 512 stick of ram and that thing just cruises!!!

Alienware laptop should be hot..if not that, I would go with IBM or sony. I don't like Dell, but, their laptop's are ok.

yeah, and how big is the difference between 1 dimm or two, is it worth 200$ or so?:

512MB 266MHz DDR SDRAM (2 dimm)
512MB 266MHz DDR SDRAM (1 dimm) <-200$ more usually

I dont think it would be worth the extra $200. The only disadvantage I can see is that with 2 DIMMs, you cannot upgrade anymore unless you take out a DIMM. Not a major disadvantage however and definitely not worth $200.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back