laptop questions! please help!

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
1) I am looking for a laptop with both an infrared port and integrated wireless. Does anyone know of some that have both? Believe it or not I am having the hardest time finding both in one laptop.

2) Does an infrared port accessory exist that can be connected externally to a laptop? If so, can someone point me to a company or website that sells them? Thanks!

Originally posted by muzikool

2) Does an infrared port accessory exist that can be connected externally to a laptop? If so, can someone point me to a company or website that sells them? Thanks!
This is one. Is it what you are looking for?

mouse

I have an IR port at the base of my screen on my fujitsu laptop, need no base. wireless mouse came with it, works great.

raezer2.gif

Fujitsu

I have the fujitsu lifebook E
both IR on side and one at the base of the screen for a wireless mouse that comes with it.

Wireless Mouse
No more hassle with long, unruly mouse cables. The wireless mouse is convenient and easy to use. An IR receiver is directly built-in to all E Series and can sense the mouse movement up to 3 feet away. The wireless mouse either comes standard or is available on our Accessory store. Get one today!

Magnesium alloy case
With its striking cool silver color and solid feel, the E Series not only looks great, but will also stand up to the rigors of travel and tough everyday use. The magnesium alloy case that protects the LCD provides significant protection over plastic LCD cases found on more common notebooks. Fujitsu craftmanship and quality are included as a standard feature on all of our notebooks and tablet PCs.

Application launch/Security Panel
A truly versatile and convenient feature developed by Fujitsu. There are four buttons which allow you to easily launch applications with one easy touch. The buttons can be programmed to launch your e-mail, Internet browser, or other favorite applications.

To protect your notebook from unauthorized access, the buttons can also be used for pre-boot password combination log-in. Once set, the notebook will boot-up only when the correct combination is entered.

There are 800,000 possible combinations with supervisor and user password levels allowing IT manager to set a single supervisor password with unique user password for each employee for better
gal_ecreative4_spring01.gif

I really like the Fujitsu, but I'm really frustrated that the C-Series doesn't come with an IR port. I'm looking for notebooks with the Mobile Pentium 4, and the E-Series has a PIII. I wonder why they didn't include a port in the new series?

thanks!

xsivforce... yeah, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm gonna consider getting the C-Series Fujitsu and adding that IR port externally. Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by muzikool
xsivforce... yeah, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help!
No problem. Also, until we get our "swap shop" thing going here, I have a Zip drive and an extra floppy drive for a Fujitsu Lifebook. I will look when I get home to see the series or whatever. They have never been used. I don't even have a laptop. :( If anyone is interested, let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back