laptop power

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
is there a way that i can consurve power on my laptop???
any programs or things that i can turn off in XP pro????

i ahve bu i didnt see anything printed by microsoft that says that they would take up more if more were running, right now the cpu will be at like 3% when working on word prossing and 30% when loading a office program, and PF usage is about 76mb all the time

Originally posted by canadian_divx
is there a way that i can consurve power on my laptop???
any programs or things that i can turn off in XP pro????

if you have a newer intel penium 3 or 4 chip, you will have speedstep technology. see control panel-system-computer, it will tell you the processor frequency and the usage at the moment. the best way to save energy on a laptop is: keeping the hhd from spinning (under power management, and by having lots of ram) and by turning your lcd screen dark, the brighter it is, the more energy you use. any programs that run in the background are peanuts compared to those two things.

cheers, EJ :cool:

ok, first, the cpu will always be clocked down when on batteries, so there's not alot more to do about that.

you can lower the intensity of the display when on batteries, and that will help quite a bit.

ypu can close the laptop lid when powering up, and that will save a little.

I don't think turning sevices off will save any jusice,

once launced, services do not use cpu unless they are being accesed

try not to use any drives when on batts, and try to write and move files when you are plugged in.

just common sense like this will give you about 10 extra minutes.

here'ssomething that will triple your battery useage.

switch to a mac

thanks for the replys people and if i had the money i would buy a mac laptop but i am a student in grade 12, i have nothing...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back