Laptop issues

C

Captmatrix

(Compaq Presario 700). The Laptop was dropped and no longer works. When it turns on the hard drive makes some sounds, but I can tell it is not spinning fully. Also, the LCD displays a white light sceeen with some pink vertical lines and strange small circles... does this mean the LCD is damaged? Could just a bad HD do this?

Hard to diagnose, may be many things, cracked mobo, damaged graphics card, damaged CPU, hard drive or memory :eek: :confused:

List could me endless, take to a shop ;)

Skazz

thanks... question tho... if the screen is atleast lights up does it mean it is still ok and that it is another part causing the problem. I mean as long as it is not cracked I assume it is ok... right...?

Originally posted by Captmatrix
thanks... question tho... if the screen is atleast lights up does it mean it is still ok and that it is another part causing the problem. I mean as long as it is not cracked I assume it is ok... right...?

The actual LCD might be ok, but some part on the LCD board might be broken, some connection cable snapped, mobo, graphics card, etc. try connecting an extrnal monitor. if the same thing happens, likely the modo or graphics card, otherwise some peripheral to the LCD.

I would take it to the shop, but if it is an old or low-spec laptop, it might be cheaper to buy a new one, because fixing a laotop (labour) and the parts are EXTREMELY expensive...

good luck. EJ :blink:

whatever it is, it's not just the harddrive, my friend. :huh:

Originally posted by SkazzyUK
The Tube in the LCD may be buggered :confused:
lcd's (liquid crystal display) don't have tubes. that would be a crt (cathode ray tube)... and a very heavy and impractical laptop. :D

lol if you dropped it and it dont work then take it into a shop and they can fix it, there are way way to many things that could be rong with it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back