Laptop buying - Uk?

G

Gamester

Hey ;)

I've been hunting around on the forums and net for information on decent laptops. I believe I have narrowed my choice down to Dell's Inspiron 8200 or Alienware's Area 51.

Tech questions:
Is ethier of the two companies known for being more reliable? I was looking at the same specced machines (2.8GHz Processor, ATI 900, 512MB ram) and wondered if anyone knew if one out performed the other?

Other questions (Sorry if this isn't the correct forum):
Would there be any compatibility problems if I were to buy from alienware (US company (I believe))?

Once again, I apologise if this is the wrong place to bring my queries, but after saving up for along time, I don't want to make a mistake! :D

Thanks in advance to any responses =)

PS. The Inspiron would work out as a lot cheaper I believe due to the duty and delivery from the US for the Area 51 Laptop

PS.. PS? Just wanted to add this comment: If anybody knows of any other possibile laptops, that would support a degree of 3D Gaming, I would be very greatful if you posted the info below :)

Alienware laptop.

Go for it.

I think Madmatt from here, just got one.

I think he likes it ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back