Laptop BSOD'ing

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi All,

Got this latop here (Acer 9410Z/Vista). It has been bsoding/rebooting for a while now.

I replaced drivers, to no avail. I even started reformatting and reinstalling Vista, and it bsod during install. I have tried my three XP cd's and it bsod's during install as well.

I managed to put back vista, put I am figuring that maybe I got a bad stick of RAM.

How do I test the RAM with vista?

Or maybe am I dealing with another issue all together?

Thanks,

Heeter

Can't get the bsod codes, it reboots lightning fast.

I do read an irq less/equal something or other.

Thanks tdinc.

Heeter

Update:

Getting tons of errors with memtest, and windows mem test also showed errors,

I would like to know if I can buy two new sticks, if this acer9410Z is upgradable to 2gig from the 1gig (2x512) that it is now?

Thanks,

Heeter

as long as you get the right ram and know where to change it on the laptop yes it should be possible, just check the specs of the laptop on their site

I got the bad stick out now, now running on single 512, with no issues.

I will go ahead and buy two 1 gig sticks anyways, Can't seem to find on ACER site if it can use 2gig, but will try. RAM is soooo cheap for this lappy.

Heeter

Just take the one you have in hand and goto the store with it ...

should handle 1gb sticks no problem then, would think it could handle 2gb sticks :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back