Lapping Your Heatsink guide

BonyTony

OSNN Senior Addict
Again something you might want to read if its going to be your first time (i remember my first time:blink: ) Guide

hmmm.... lapping, i remember now!
i still remembered when i lapping my cpu cooler... and the result is i end up with some dissapointment (i had buy many different grade)!
and u know y it end up with dissapoinment? I USE THE WRONG GRADE!!! at first a lower grade then to a higher grade and the last..... i wrongly take the lowest grade!!!!! DAMN!!! :mad:
but anyhow it still can be use..... :cool:
and now the cpu running at 40c (remember i'm from stupid hot country)

I nearly always lap new coolers as its surprising the lack of quality control some company's have....more to ascertain that the surface is flat than the mirror finish some people go to:confused: .

A recent example was a Thermaltake copper cooler for my Gf4ti4200 card the finish was acceptable but when i checked for surface flatness i was really disappointed the coolers surface was concave....so onto the lapping plates it went and 45mins later the job was done, now i never checked for temps before and after but having a gap between the cooler and GPU cannot be good for heat dissipation.

Originally posted by Enyo
Not really :eek:. Oh to understand the mind of the overclockers and hardware tweakers of the world.

How a change of 2 can be considered worth it i dont know.

Have you done this BonyTony?

2 degrees can be the diffrence between the ultimate overclock and a fried/froze CPU ;) ya sound like you would be happy with a pre built dell machine, me i got to do everything myself, strip and rebuild all parts until im 100% happy with the job :):):)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back