LAN icon on system tray

A

ac6210sr

Not connected LAN icon always show up whenever my other PC is off.

How do i get rid of it.

Well, From the sound of it, I will assume your network cable is a crossover and goes from one PC to the second, with no hub or switch in between. In this case, the only way to get rid of the icon is to "hide" it using the start menu's "Hide Unused Icons" feature. You can go into your start menu properties and choose to "Always Hide" the network status icon. The only other way is to make sure that you do not have "Show Icon When Connected" checked in your connection properties. And even if you do, if I remember correctly, you will get that icon to let you know you're not connected.
/L.A

Yup, hiding inactive icons work. And you are right i'm using a crossover connection. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back