LAN and/or Permissions Guru Needed

I

i_pedal

I'm trying to run a powerbuilder app,locally, that ODBC's to a Sybase server, on a NT4 lan.
I am logged onto the server where the backend is. The front end starts fine, no .dll issues, etc, but I get a username/password error when logging onto the app. I asked our lan guy to change my password just to see if the other had expired.
I added a new XP admin user with the same login name as the database. Still get the error.
Anybody got a clue whether this is some permissions thing w/in XP?
thanks,
bill g

Rather then running the app locally, i would use WinVNC or Terminal Services to access the server and run the application fully on the remote server. That would probably be the easiest way around this problem.

JJB6486

JJB,
Thanks for reply. Umm, err, could you expound on this a little. Like how to set up those services.
bill g

Well they need to be implementd on the server itself. So talk to your admin about setting up Terminal Services on the server. He should know what that is.

JJB6486

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back