Greetings, all -

I'm having a bit of an annoyance with IE on my new computer. Specs are:

Athlon XP 2200+ (TB)
Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum
1024 Corsair PC-3000 RAM
Gainward GeForce IV TI4600
2x 80 Western Digital SE @ RAID 0
Windows XP Professional

On an ISDN 128kbps (Yeah, it stinks, broadband isn't available here) connection...

Essentially, when click Reload, Back, and even on some Form buttons (Like the Submit New Thread button) there is a 1 to 2 second lag before it complies with the function its supposed to do. For example, if I click reload, the reload button stays depressed for 1-2 seconds, then undepresses itself and reloads the page.

Some have suggested clearing the cache, cookies, history, etc, but this is a fairly new comp (I just finished building it 4 days ago) and I tried that and it still does it.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Supratik

Hmm...

I think I fixed it.

My "Space in Temporary Internet Folder" was set to about 4.5 gigs. I scaled it down to like 405 megs and I'm all speedy now.

If it comes back I'll let you guys know. =D

Okay, it came back... sort of. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. - The lag feels like its attempting to either

A. Load something or
B. Look for some applet or something...

I'm at a loss... Any ideas?

Do as my sig suggests and use Mozilla instead of using IE...
idiotexpl.gif

iecrash.gif

hehe... some Anti-IE banners i found while trying to find Mozilla banners =P

Hi there,

Sorry, that's not an option for me right now - when Mozilla starts supporting everything IE does then I'll switch.

It's not about which one is better (I know Mozilla is better) but which can support websites better.

Its more of a thing of when IE learns to comply with standards.... They create non-W3C standard extensions to their webpages which amateur web designers use to design their page without considering other web browsers. If you are worried about IE support. Keep IE but use Mozilla for everything else. Most likely you'll see that Mozilla will work 95% of the time with the small amount of webpages that are purely IE only.

In which case, switch to IE to browse that page.

umm I think the 'lagged response' as you call it is because of server load.. just hold on for about 2 weeks, when we get our new server... :D

Originally posted by DrMetallica
Doesn't mozilla have ad-banners?

Nope... no adware no spyware no nothing

Opera is the browser that has ad banners for the free version.

Mozilla is completely free.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back