l o t r with spoilers

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
coud someone explain to me why Frodo had to leave hobiy land at the end?

also, the official website is pretty darned cool...lots of features to it

lots of peeps haven't seen this movie yet, so let's not merge these threads till most have seen it

From what I understood, Frodo leaves with Gandalf and the Elves to go the the West. I don't know why, because I have not read the books.

hehe

I knew that part, it's the part you don't know that I want to know

so far nobody knows...I would have thought the reason was mentioned in the book

I'm guessing it's a biblical allusion, as moses could not enter the promised land

however, this is qualified when moses disobeyed god, as a punishment

I'm gonna take a stab, that frodo failes, and tries to keep the ring for himself, and thus, is punsished...but this should be referanced if I'm right...if I'm wrong, then what gives?

It is in the book, but i havn't read it either! Although you see at the end all the ring bearers leave, the Elves, Bilbo, Frodo. I know its somthing to do with being a ring bearer. but i don't think its becuase he tried to keep it

aha

that doesn't explain it either, cause his buddy also carried the ring didn't he...he would be going on the boat as well

In the book, Sam bore the ring fgor a little longer than is apparent in the film, and did in fact put it on a few times to elude the orcs before entering Mordor. Hence, Sam was a ringbearer, and much later after Frodo's passing, Sam was allowed to pass to the grey havens too.

there ya go...thanx

ps...I thought you said you didn't read the book...you know an awfull lot that only book readers would know

hmmm

/me smells conspiracy

It seems that Khayman wrapped it up, but I thought I'd pitch in my thoughts based on the film alone since I haven't read the books yet.

My impression was that the ring-bearers sailed to the "Undying Lands" with the elves, as has already been stated. Frodo mentioned something about The Shire not being the same anymore. I don't remember his exact words, but it came across as if the ring had poisoned him enough to where he could never view Middle-Earth/The Shire from the perspective that he had before.

I assumed Sam did not go along because he did not bear the ring long enough for it to poison his mind to that degree.

Another thought is that Bilbo and Frodo could have been somewhat of a threat to the new world because of their knowledge of the ring and what it was. That could be another reason that they left.

There probably isn't a strict answer, but this reasoning made sense to me. :)

I also get the impression it has something to do with being a ring bearer. As you may or may not have noticed, all the beings which have or have had sufficient ties to magic left middle earth. Maybe it has to do with the destruction of the rings as sources of power, maybe it has to do with restoring things to a natural balance.

I'll say one thing...this movie (not just RoTK) has been the most incredible ever!

Never has a film had me so entralled, desperate for the next installment...nor have i ever had such a rush watching it at the cinema! RoTK...the battle sequences and as the fate of the characters were drawing to an end, never have i had such an adrenaline rush..i was literally shaking with anticipation!!

A film of this quality doesn't come by very often..perhaps never again in our lifetimes!!

I could watch these films over and over and never get bored!!

I like!!!!

PS I'm just ordering the three OSTs from www.cd-wow.com .....they all deserve my hard earned pennies!! The musicical score is an absolute class act...can you imagine it being any better?!

Originally posted by Teddy
PS I'm just ordering the three OSTs from www.cd-wow.com .....they all deserve my hard earned pennies!! The musicical score is an absolute class act...can you imagine it being any better?!

Agreed. Howard Shore did unbelievable work for this... wrote, orchestrated and conducted it all.

As for the trilogy as a whole... there is no question in my mind that it is the greatest trilogy in film history.

Another thing I didnt really like. The part on the mountain with the birds, I was told that they were not in the third book, only in the hobbit.

Originally posted by muzikool
It seems that Khayman wrapped it up, but I thought I'd pitch in my thoughts based on the film alone since I haven't read the books yet.

My impression was that the ring-bearers sailed to the "Undying Lands" with the elves, as has already been stated. Frodo mentioned something about The Shire not being the same anymore. I don't remember his exact words, but it came across as if the ring had poisoned him enough to where he could never view Middle-Earth/The Shire from the perspective that he had before.

I assumed Sam did not go along because he did not bear the ring long enough for it to poison his mind to that degree.

Another thought is that Bilbo and Frodo could have been somewhat of a threat to the new world because of their knowledge of the ring and what it was. That could be another reason that they left.

There probably isn't a strict answer, but this reasoning made sense to me. :)

sam also goes just not yet...

he goes at a later time afaik...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back