kX Project drivers

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
Anyone here recommend them?

I have a Live! Player card and wanted some improved (no crackling!) audio...are these the answer?!

....i did do a search but 'KX' was too short for the search engine to accept it. :rolleyes:

I love them! They made something great where Creative failed! I use them on my Audigy 2. Surround sound is fine, no distortion or popping, built in app for testing your speakers, tons of options.

I can't get them to play midis, but I don't really care to play midis anyway (they're usually embedded into somebody's crappy Geocities site along with a bunch of ugly, flashing, animated gifs anyway. Ugh!), so I haven't looked for a solution.

Don't suppose you've got any tips on getting them to work do you!!?

Silence is all around at the mo.

I've got a Live! Player 5.1 and i want to (my usual setup) is to have all the audio player through digital (SPDIF i presume)

Any ideas?

Make sure nothing is on mute (indicated by the gray bubble intead of a blue one below the volume). I've only used them with analog... I'll go look at their site. Also, i had a friend who had nothing but silence after he installed them too. He said something about the onboard audio being enabled in the bios.

Also, click the speaker icon with the "?" beside it. The speaker setup is in there.

Sorted!! Thanks very much for your help here matey!

Much appreciated. :)

I also use these Drivers, real low latency.

I would recommend these Drivers above Creatives anyday.

Probably when using creatives official(ly crap) drivers. I couldn't do anything on my old machine without the sound going to sh!t, but the Kx drivers sorted that out.

Anyone find that the kx volume control takes a lot of resources? (May just be me, my pc's rather old :D)

Yep...what Speedy said. Using the Creative drivers caused a lot of crackling. Games, music, dvds etc. It would come and go...but when it came it was very annoying!

KX stopped this.

you all keep going on about how great the kx drivers are, but there not updated to the latest specs any more.

no advanced EAX support, so there no use for newer games.

i must admit i would be tempted if they got up to speed. :)

Games? psssssh, I just used them for low latency and because creatives pathetic attempt at making a driver royally f-cked my sound up :)

I think the last thing I tried on Creatives crap pile drivers was Halo, Completely un-playable, NO sound made it through in-tact, was crackling to hell, and somehow also affecting the games speed. Installed the Kx's, no problem, game ran fine, sound was perfect.

Same goes with most games, plus winamp etc.

Originally posted by GoNz0
well m8, if they release an update i will give em a bash :)
ditto. :)
my sounds are great, but who knows how much better it can be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back