Kubuntu released

FishBoy

Feeeesh
Kubuntu is ubuntu with kde 3.4

The Kubuntu project aims to be to KDE what Ubuntu is to Gnome: a great integrated distro with all the great features of Ubuntu, but based on the KDE desktop.

Kubuntu Preview Released

Kubuntu is currently in testing. We welcome feedback and comments. Our first release will be on April 6th. Announcement, download page.

The team behind Kubuntu makes the following commitment to its users:

* Kubuntu uses the solid base of Ubuntu plus the latest KDE. We are part of the Ubuntu community and use their infrastructure and support. Our mission is to be the best KDE distribution available.
* Kubuntu will always be free of charge, and there is no extra fee for the "enterprise edition", we make our very best work available to everyone on the same Free terms.
* Kubuntu includes the very best in translations and accessibility infrastructure that the Free Software community has to offer, to make Kubuntu usable by as many people as possible.
* Kubuntu is entirely committed to the principles of free software and open source development; we encourage people to use free and open source software, improve it and pass it on.

Kubuntu includes more than 1,000 pieces of software, starting with Linux version 2.6 and KDE 3.4, and covering every standard desktop application from word processing and spreadsheet applications to internet access applications, web server software, email software, programming languages & tools and of course several games.
Source
i hope it's better than normal uBuntu that one felt so much like mac to me

I have to try the Ubuntu 'Hoary' LiveCD once finals are done.
I prefer Gnome as a desktop environment anyway. :)

Hoary is much better Kunal :) gnome 2.10 is luverly.

As for this new project is rather interesting too tho, may grab the live discs just to see what its all about.

I must get into this weird yet beautiful world that is called Linux. Dammit if only I would pay more attention to these things lol. Time to build another computer to test Linux with tee hee :D:D:D

NetRyder said:
I have to try the Ubuntu 'Hoary' LiveCD once finals are done.
I prefer Gnome as a desktop environment anyway. :)
Seconded. KDE shall forever be a big clunky whore :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back