KT266A vs. KT333

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
Right now I have a KT266A chipset, and I was wondering does PC2100 mean that the ram have 2.1 GB/second to the cpu, where has the KT333 has a 2.7 GB/second to the cpu? And would you notice the difference?

KT266/A is designed for PC2100 ddr (2.1gb/sec)
KT333 is designed for PC2700 ddr (2.7gb/sec)

KT133/A is designed for PC133 sdram... unrelated

all have a 133mhz fsb but the KT333 has a 166mhz northbridge (memory controller).

basically, the KT333 will increase performance in games and pretty much any app that uses good amounts of memory. but it won't be a giant difference.

i had kt266 and now i have kt333 i havent run any benchmarks so i cant give physical performance gains.....but i dont notice any difference from my msi kt266 to msi kt3 ultra to my now soyo dragon....i just like getting upgrades..lol:).........maybe if i squint really really hard i can see a lil difference:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back