Kqeyboadrad problqems

Petros

Thief IV
My USB keyboard is screwing up. When I type certain letters, it types another letter (always the one that's two keys to the right of the one I am trying to type. I have edited out the extra letters for clarity here, since my backspace works.

Here is how what originally came out:

My USB kqeyboadrad is szcrqewing up. Whqen I typqe zcqertadin lqettqers, it typqes adnothqer lqettqer (adlwadys thqe onqe thadt's two kqeys to thqe right of thqe onqe I adm trying to typqe. I hadvqe qeaditqead out thqe qqextrad lqettqers for zcladrity hqerqe, sinzcqe my badzckspadzcqe works.

Any ideas? haha " ADny iadqeads?"

Very weird... umm... did you have to install drivers with the keyboard?

Got my old PS2 keyboard plugged in. :)

Well, it never came with drivers, but I checked the manufacturers site anyway with no luck. It just started doing this in the middle of a game of Bloodrayne.

I don't have any experience with USB keyboards... however, I have some theories that might help you.

You could try unplugging the keyboard and restart completely without the keyboard being plugged in. Then plug it back in so Windows can redetect the keyboard.

Another of my theories is the problem may lie within Windows' USB drivers. Could try uninstalling/reinstalling them.

Sorry I can't be much help, but I do what I can. :p

RaG

If you are using a hub with multiple devices on it put the keyboard on its own USB port. Unlikely but it's cheap.

Umm how do I say this delicately...

Could you have beat the keyboard to death? Cheap keyboard and radical gaming make for dead keyboards. Especially suspicious since it started during a game.

Lol no beating this one...it cost some money. Too nice to abuse. Well, I took the thing apart to see if there was anything wrong with it physically, and found nothing wrong. However, I'm typing on it perfectly normally right now. I hate when i don't get to know what went wrong.

Never thought about the abuse thing before. I'll remember that in the future. I did abuse my $8 keyboards :D

Thanks for the help, good friends.:)

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
Thanks for the help, good friends.:)

lol... What help? You managed to fix it all by yourself. :p
Good work.

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
My USB keyboard is screwing up. When I type certain letters, it types another letter (always the one that's two keys to the right of the one I am trying to type. I have edited out the extra letters for clarity here, since my backspace works.

Here is how what originally came out:

My USB kqeyboadrad is szcrqewing up. Whqen I typqe zcqertadin lqettqers, it typqes adnothqer lqettqer (adlwadys thqe onqe thadt's two kqeys to thqe right of thqe onqe I adm trying to typqe. I hadvqe qeaditqead out thqe qqextrad lqettqers for zcladrity hqerqe, sinzcqe my badzckspadzcqe works.

Any ideas? haha " ADny iadqeads?"

ohhhh man thats some funny stuff!! these are the kind of problems that are just so off the wall stupid its funny. If I were you I would try another keyboard if it works then hey keyboard was just going out if it doesn't I would think there was something more sinister afoot and would scan my computer for virus' then if nothing I would try a roll back to when it used to work and if nothing then would format. but thats all what I would do.

well then my first post was a waste of time.... teach me to post b4 reading the whole thread!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back