Koolest Case in the World....(or so i think)

What do you think?

• Total voters

Taggert_LOA

Modding Addict
Political Access
here is the case i'm getting to replace my ****ty dell case. evn though i painted my dell case, i'm tired of looking at it. i need a change i feel this is it.
just curious as to what you think of it.

Specifications :

Type:
Mid-Tower ATX Case
Mainboard:
Standard ATX & Micro ATX
Material:
Steel
5.25" External Drive Bays
4 (Slide in/out)
3.5" External Drive Bays
2 (Slide in/out)
Cold Cathode Light Included (Blue)
3.5" Internal Drive Bays
4 (Slide in/out)
Rear Expansion Slots 7
Cooling Fan Space
Up to 1 x Fans: 80mm in size
1 x 120mm in Rear (Included)

Dimension (H x W x D):
17" x 8" x 19"

Front Right Panel:
2 x USB 2.0, 1 x IEEE 1394 Firewire Port, Audio, MIC

xoxide_1774_6898114

xoxide_1778_0

TACT01.jpg

the one you picked looks plastic (i know its probably not but it "looks") and kinda resembles a kiddie toy (or transformer)--

but those all have the same boring box shape. i want curves, i want the case to look alive not a fridge sittin on my desk........

alive?

lubic1.jpg

xoxide_1777_35964491

how's that? hehe

but seriously- u really dont wanna compromise quality for curves-- if u want it to look alive- just put a ton of flashing lights on it

a case is a case, you want it to work better you mod it......wether you spend 20.00 or 200.00 it's all the same sheet metal or plastic.

also custom fabrication to that extent doesn't qualify.... you can't buy that anywhere.......

hehe actually they sell those cases of the plane and stuff retail- go check out xoxide.com - they're not fabricated nor are they the work of some serious modder ^_^

the case you picked is in the 100 dollar range; i think for the pice, you could go other directions in terms of quality- if you want to just mod a case, you can get a cheap one and do your own mods but certainly not for a 100 bucks..

for the price:

if i didnt have a nice PSU, i'd get a nice antec because they make high quality aluminum cases (heat dissipation is better) that come with high quality power supplies

if i did have a nice psu, i'd get a Lian Li, Cooler Master, and heck, i'd still get a nice antec... they have nicer cases with removable mobo trays, they pay attention to details, and some even have noise silencing features... the Lian LI- has sound insulating foam and other great features to boot.... i would not want a poory made plastic case--

ok any suggestions then to something other than the lunch box shape the has all the qualities you listed?

umm--

xoxide_1778_6379623

this one is nice cause its aluminum and has a digital temp gauge and kinda resembles the one you picked, oh and there's 3 different colors

(xoxide.com)

ok i'll keep that one in mind. sorry if i seem like a pain in the ass about this but i'm sure you all understand where i am coming from. we have to look at our comps everyday and it would be nice if we could smile when we did.

Taggert_LOA said:
ok i'll keep that one in mind. sorry if i seem like a pain in the ass about this but i'm sure you all understand where i am coming from. we have to look at our comps everyday and it would be nice if we could smile when we did.
i totally agree. if you like the way that first 'diablo' case looks, then that's all that matters! at least when it comes to asthetics...

how the inside is laid-out and what fan options you have is another matter. i'd have to see all of that before suggesting any case.

just wish you gave us a link or at least a manufacturer so i could check it out further. :)

Taggert_LOA said:
here is the case i'm getting to replace my ****ty dell case. evn though i painted my dell case, i'm tired of looking at it. i need a change i feel this is it.
just curious as to what you think of it.

i think it looks like something out of a kinda egg, or a retro 80's transformer.

***starts singing** transformers, robots in desguise.....*** :D :D

is it just me, or is it really hard to find a good, inexpensive case that has decent cooling options these days? I mean, there are so many cases out there right now that only have one or two fans...

dreamliner77 said:
is it just me, or is it really hard to find a good, inexpensive case that has decent cooling options these days? I mean, there are so many cases out there right now that only have one or two fans...
it's true. and sort of silly when you consider that providing decent cooling options is merely a matter of having the appropriate holes cut out. i mean, instead of having your machine stamp one 80mm fan hole in the back, have it stamp two or a 92 or 120mm.
:confused:

but with that being said, you're probably better off buying a cheap case that has room on the back to cut your own holes. ;)

GoNz0 said:
i think it looks like something out of a kinda egg, or a retro 80's transformer.

***starts singing** transformers, robots in desguise.....*** :D :D

You know, that would make a decent project. Now that would be some serious modding! I can see it now; a 3 foot tall Optimus Prime...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back