Kodak Multi Card Reader

J

James C

I have a problem :) I've searched everywhere and can't find a solution, so hopefully someone here can help me.

When I plug in my Kodak Multi Card Reader (An external USB reader for Smart Media, Compact Flash, and Secure digital cards) the add new hardware wizard does its thing, then I get an error that states

CANNOT INSTALL THIS HARDWARE
THERE WAS A PROBLEM INSTALLING THIS HARDWARE
KODAK MULTICARD READER
THE SPECIFIED SERVICE DOES NOT EXIST AS AN INSTALLED
SERVICE

I click Finish and get the same error two more times.

The reader works fine, but when I go to the device manager the reader has an exclamation point over it, In its properties under device status it has

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

So I try to install the driver again and I get the error above, again.

Almost done :D

One more thing:
I'm also getting and a bunch or error messages in the event viewer under System that say.

RSM cannot manage library PhysicalDrive4. The database is corrupt.

I have attached a screen capture of the event log error message.

I tried a solution in the Microsoft Knowledge base where i deleted the RSM database, but still no luck.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have attached a capture of the first error message.

Also if you need to know, I'm running:
XP Pro SP1 on a
PIII 800Mhz with 384Megs Ram.

I have a kodak camera that has four programs that need to be installed but it has to be done in the right order. I found that giving their help line a call did help.

If you get nowhere I would try unintalling everything to do with kodak & unplug the usb as well. Then reinstall it & plug the usb in after a reboot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back