Kodak camera seen - yet not!

D

deemat

XP recognises my Kodak DC280 digital camera. When I plug it in it appears in My Computer, but immediately an error message says XP can't detect it. I'm unable to raise Properties or download pix. But if I plug in the camera before booting up there's no problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

Not sure deemat - but do you suppose XP is detecting it as a "new Plug & Play" - when you hook it up before you boot?

If so I guess that would be one reason it works okay that way!

:confused: :confused:

Are you using the software that came with the camera?

No, I'm not using the Kodak software, which is unwieldy compared with XP's built-in software. My friend has the identical camera and WinME. He can plug in the camera when the computer is running and, bingo!, the 'dowload pix' wizard appears instantly -- as it should.

If you can't get a fix try logging off, plugging it in, logging on. Quicker than rebooting.

Thanks, Hipster, will give it a go -- though obviously a fix would be the ideal.

Originally posted by deemat
XP recognises my Kodak DC280 digital camera. When I plug it in it appears in My Computer, but immediately an error message says XP can't detect it. I'm unable to raise Properties or download pix. But if I plug in the camera before booting up there's no problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

I ran into the same problem while helping a friend.

The installation software that came with the camera did pop up a message that mentioned incompatibilties with the "camera connection software" and "XP."

There is supposed to be a patch at the Kodak website. I installed it but haven't tested it yet, let me know if this works for you.

My friend bought a Gateway package that included the Kodak DX3700 camera and an Epson scanner.

Thanks to all. First, logging off then on again doesn't do the trick.

Second, the 'fix' on the Kodak site is their own software which works but is bulky; I prefer the MS built-in facility in XP so uninstalled Kodak's. According to the Kodak site, XP's software should work OK with the DC280.

When the camera is connected to the USB it shows up in Device Manager and Explorer; it just won't launch the Get Pictures wizard. I discovered, though, that if in Device Manager I right-click and disable the camera while it's still connected and switched on, then enable it again, up pops the wizard.

Maybe I'll have to live with this glitch. But if any bright sparks out there can shed any light on it, I'm keen to hear from you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back