Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR)

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Just had to put this here. I consider this the best Star Wars game ever, it may not have the instant grat. of say Academy with light sabers, but in the long run its simply the best.

I hope lucasarts are now rethinking all the crap they've brought out over the last 5 yrs, as their new games look insane, for instance Commandos which is a fps star wars game where you control the Imperial troops looks awesome.

Whats you fav or worse star wars games?

I totally enjoyed playing through Kotor, it just felt so 'expansive' while going through the story, which was both captivating and enjoyable. I went through it four times in total; male light and dark side, and the same as a female; the little story changes they did with the gender was pretty darn cool :)

My least favourite starwars game is probably that old 'rebel' game that was dominated by fmv scenes. That was such waste of money back then.

I would have to agree. Frankly I hate RPG's, turn based games, games that are based one dice rolls etc. But this game was incredible. I don't know if you could really classify this game as an RPG, but it closer to one then what I normally play. I like the way that it is quasi-linear. You have choices on how to go about things but at the same time it's not like say morrowind where you can spend an entire day wandering around the world and accomplish nothing. Hat's off to lucas arts and bioware. I'm just hoping that KOTOR 2 with be just as good.

As for my least favorite game, well I haven't really played any starwars games from before jedi outcast that I can think of, so my view is fairly limited, but I would have to say that I was extremely dissapointed with jedi academy. The new moves and the duel/double bladed lightsabres were cool, but it felt like playing jedi outcast all over again, also I found the "training" missions to be boring.

I'm playing battlefront right now, and while seemingly a good game, I finding that it could almost be like playing battlefield 1942 with a mod installed. I don't play online (mostly because I don't have the time to get good enough not to have my rear handed to me in a sling) so I could just be missing the best part of the game though.

how in the world could you play bf1942 and not play online ITS AN ONLINE GAME ARRGGHHHH, really you're missing out big time.

I know I know *Hanging head in shame*. I've just never really bothered, I don't enjoy the whole on-line gaming thing.

Maybe it's changed since the last online game I actually played was HL:TFC, but at that point in time I just did not find it enjoyable, you either had cheaters, or people were lagging or you had those people that spent 24/7 playing and then went in and rolled on everybody else, and then of course you had all the people whining and complaining about how this person or that person were cheating just because the complainer was getting killed by them. It just got annoying in the end and I quit going, I haven't played an online game since.

I usually get a game and play hardcore for the first 4 or 5 nights, finish the game and after that I very seldom have time to play. When I first got KOTOR I was just inbetween Finishing school and starting work, so I played hardcore for about a week, finished the game as Male-light side. Then I left it for almost 6 months and just reinstalled it on Sat. because this was a long weekend for me. Same with 1942, I played it hardcore until I finished it on single player and havn't touched it since.

Sadly the only Star Wars game I have played is Star Wars Galaxies. I loved the game but had to stop playing it due to time constrants. Some of the other games look interesting but I just don't have the time and don't buy games like I use to (2+ a month).

KOTOR 2 will be better than the first and I will have that preordered sometime soon

Yeah, I really enjoyed the XBox version tho I only ever finished it as the good guy.
Still got the save games so I might see if I can be naughty :p

Second one is gonna rock.

I am a total loser and played it all the way through being bad as girl and bad as guy and the same for the good side and each time was very different...even besides that you could pick the 3 different types of females and males like soldier or guardian and it will do different things as well...

if the second one is any where near the first it will be either tied or second in my all time list (first is KOTOR 1)

jpom said:
I would have to agree. Frankly I hate RPG's, turn based games, games that are based one dice rolls etc. But this game was incredible. I don't know if you could really classify this game as an RPG, but it closer to one then what I normally play. I like the way that it is quasi-linear. You have choices on how to go about things but at the same time it's not like say morrowind where you can spend an entire day wandering around the world and accomplish nothing. Hat's off to lucas arts and bioware. I'm just hoping that KOTOR 2 with be just as good.

As for my least favorite game, well I haven't really played any starwars games from before jedi outcast that I can think of, so my view is fairly limited, but I would have to say that I was extremely dissapointed with jedi academy. The new moves and the duel/double bladed lightsabres were cool, but it felt like playing jedi outcast all over again, also I found the "training" missions to be boring.

I'm playing battlefront right now, and while seemingly a good game, I finding that it could almost be like playing battlefield 1942 with a mod installed. I don't play online (mostly because I don't have the time to get good enough not to have my rear handed to me in a sling) so I could just be missing the best part of the game though.
By the way KOTOR is totally DICE based! It is essentially a re-vamped Neverwinter Nights game with a pretty Star Wads theme. So I don’t know how you can say you hate these types of games when you are playing one.
Although KOTOR is streets ahead of NWN as bioware had hammered a lot of the bugs out to produce a much smoother product :) I think KOTOR maybe the best but its close with jedi knight2 (just love using the force to throw stormtroopers off high ledges) and X-Wing Alliance

Yes clutching the stormtroopers ridiculously small necks in my death grip and throwing them to their DOOM, is always so much fun haha haha hahahahaha

See that was eaxctly my point though, I do hate dice based games, but I loved KOTOR. Hence Kudos to Bioware/Lucas Arts for creating a Dice Based game that I can play and enjoy. I wasn't trying to say that KOTOR wasn't dice based, just that this was the first game I found where I didn't mind that it was.

indyjones said:
By the way KOTOR is totally DICE based! It is essentially a re-vamped Neverwinter Nights game with a pretty Star Wads theme. So I don’t know how you can say you hate these types of games when you are playing one.
Although KOTOR is streets ahead of NWN as bioware had hammered a lot of the bugs out to produce a much smoother product :) I think KOTOR maybe the best but its close with jedi knight2 (just love using the force to throw stormtroopers off high ledges) and X-Wing Alliance

god if only life was like starwars then i could make wacko jacko my puppet and make him do even freakier moves....

Freaky baby yeah.......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back