Kirio Beta is Great!!

here's one thing that pisses me off about this kirio, but I found a solution

there is no way in the gui not to have this start with windows

I like my internet programs to start by my netrun program;

so, just go into seveices, find the service, and set it to manual

that's it...now it doesn't start till you launch it.

cool

This is pretty nice-Im usually a Sygate Pro user as well. A quick question for you guys....how would you set Kerio up for running a local FTP server? I set up the following filter rule in advanced configuration:

Application: Guildftpd (the server I use)
Protocol: 6 (TCP)
Local port range: 20-21
Remote port range: any (ie none specified)
Direction: Both

This seems to work OK, I set it up before allowing Kerio to *ask* me-but the first time someone connected to me it still popped up and asked if I wanted to allow the connection, surely the filter rules should overide any others a la Sygate?

Hope this makes sense, cheers

kohoutec

I can't help with advanced rules, but the kirio board is great...filled with real experts on their program, and you don't need to sign up to post.

use the link that I posted on my first post to get to the forum, and they will take you forward

I still cannot get over how smalle this program is, and how much it seems to do

doesn't add up

Like dealer I've been using Kerio for a few days now.

I ditched ZAPro to use it & so far things seem pretty sweet.

I love the smaller footprint in terms of memory & resources.

one thing i did notice on the forum dealer mentioned...all the betas are time limited- no big deal but i just thought Id point it out, so dont be suprised when it expires :D

hey dealer i'm running kerio 2.1.4 its free no expiiration date been using like a year and work great. i'm gonna download the beta

4mb in my system

I just read the beta agreement

as far as I read, the user license expires when new betas are released.

in most cases it's not written into the code, it's user compliance

*crosses fingers*

Originally posted by dealer
I just read the beta agreement

as far as I read, the user license expires when new betas are released.

in most cases it's not written into the code, it's user compliance

*crosses fingers*

Its not just user compliance with the kerio betas :) A new beta is always out for when the current one expires and the upgade process maintains your config.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back