Kingston HyperX Ram Opions

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hey there i am going to upgrade the ram on my ASUS Nforce2 board (when i actually get it back from RMA) what are peoples opions on the Kingston HyperX ram or is there any better options ?

Cheers

Also i currently have a 1gig of 2100 ram and thinking of just gettin 2 x 256 this time for matter of expense i think this shoul be enough.....

In terms of best value for money nothing beats HyperX. 512MB is nice. 1GB is optimal but in the end it really depends on what you use the PC for.

OCZ beats all other ram, there is a reason why its the most expensive ;)

HAHAHAHAHA did u actually read that review?! for one they put your hyper X DDR4000 agaisn't OCZ DDR3500 and the OCZ almost beat it and its WAY slower rated ram why didn't they use OCZ 4000 or 4200? would have slaughtered the hyper x OCZ IS the best ram and you proved it for me by showing a review where a lower rated ram almost bests the higher rated hyper x. what a goob :)

Seen your benchmarks. HyperX isn't WAY slower. The difference is very small and for the price/benefit ratio HyperX is definitely the way to go especially since indyjones is concerned with expenditure.

that wasn't my argument tho :) mine was its the best . (period) I alsosaid in my first post that, its also the most expensive I never said it was cheap :)

Yeah, that's right break it up, break it up :) - HyperX still best value for money compared to the others - so there...Ha !

Thanks for your replys as you have realised cost is a major factor for me. Hence thinking of downgrading to 512meg from 1 gig. But as i have a athlon xp (barton) with a fsb of 333 it seems a good idea to change the ram from 266mhz. Also having the ram in 2x256 and 1x512 is not handy. So I want to keep the cost right down hopefully at £100 the the HyperX ram for 512 was £120.

hmmm maybe i should make a habit of reading my posts before confirming them....... Basically i want the best ram solution for about £100 :) cheers

OK i have done a little research and three options seem to be...

Kingston HyperX 512MB (2x256MB) DDR PC3200 (KHX3200K2/512) CAS2.0 Dual Channel Kit £128.08

Corsair 512MB DDR XMS3200LLPT TwinX (2x256MB) Platinum CAS2 £138.06

OCZ 512MB (2x256MB) PC3200 Dual Channel Platinum Series DDR CAS2 £140.88

What do people think? if you know of a cheaper uk retailer please shout up too :) also is there much of a performance jump between ddr2700 and 3200 ?? cheers

if you have the money go with OCZ they may all be rated the same "speed" but the ocz will out perform the others.

The performance difference between 2700 and 3200 is much bigger than the difference between the different brands. Most retailers sell the HyperX because of its popularity. OCZ isn't seen around too often - at the end of the day it's your decision :)

Thanks for all your help in the end i bid for and won for £104 2x256meg of OCZ3500 ddr ram which should be more than fast enough! :)

Thanks Again

Originally posted by coathanger007
The performance difference between 2700 and 3200 is much bigger than the difference between the different brands. Most retailers sell the HyperX because of its popularity. OCZ isn't seen around too often - at the end of the day it's your decision :)

All my gamer friends have OCZ cept 2 which have Geil and one of those 2 had the gold dragon sieries which out performed the hyper x.

Good choice with the ram you won't regret your purchase. :D

Performance for a price. In the end it boils down to personal preference. Enjoy. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back