Kingpin stoppes install at 98%.. Windows Deletes it!?

C

chrono

The game should still work, with 98%.. but windows automatically deletes the game folder after a minute or two .. I can play the game , if i click it fast, but it has problems, cause the files are still deleted. any help people?

windows deletes it because the game won't fully work at 98%, and if the installer stops then the install service automatically deletes everything so that it doesn't conflict if you try and install it again.

I had kingpin installed no problem...so your better off trying to find out what might be causing the install to die then how to stop windows from deleting the files. sorry man.

I had a similar problem with the game "outcast" in win 98 once...it would get to 100% then while it was "finishing up" it would delete everything and lead me back to the desktop without a trace of install.....

Sadly I had to use brute force to get it to install...i.e break into the install at 99% ctrl/alt/del and check everything was there....luckily this worked....could give it a go if your desparate...

and believe there are other ways of aborting an install but they involve more physical contact with your pc...thats another story!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back