Kill those annoying pop ups while surfing

J

jak_deth

Just found a new app that kills those annoying pop up urls when you are using IE XX.

Pop up Killer 4 thumbs up!!!

Can be found at http://www.mypersonalsoftware.com/

Download a trial, and if you like it is only 7 bux, good price and great effectiveness.

:D :p :cool:

Hey jak...welcome to this board

there are more effective pop up stoppers for free.

try adsheild, first post on the free programs thread

He's new, let him talk. :)

To bad he's a NY Giants fan and not a "Frisco" Giants fan... Go NINERS! :p

Repitition is good for hipster.............now what were we talking about...............:eek:

Ah popup stoppers. Can't beat freeware stoppers. :D

Wooooot!!! Go Giants!!!!!! I like you already jak_deth :D

gonaads, hush :p

Originally posted by Jewelzz
Wooooot!!! Go Giants!!!!!! I like you already jak_deth :D

gonaads, hush :p

Ooooh Fudge! There's the other one. :p

Personally, I use SMASHER (www.popupstop.com). It has other features besides stopping popup ads (which can be configured to allow popups from sites). It also blocks cookies (can be configured to allow cookies from your favorite sites) and stops web bugs (1x1 images that can track your movement on the web).

See http://www.privacyfoundation.org/resources/glossary.asp#Web Bug for information.

Some newer features included is the ability to stop those floating (Java) ads and flash ads. And you can set SMASHER up to filter content. The latest versions also include a one click updater that automatically updates to the latest version.

Over all, I highly recommend you at least trying SMASHER. Ken, the author, puts countless hours of work into it. Give it a try, and if you like it, it's only like $20 with free updates for life (last I knew anyway).

Originally posted by gonaads
Ooooh Fudge! :p

gonaads, that's spelled f. u. d.j. (a rare conjugation orf fujism)

didn't you install the spell checker for your browser yet?

He's new, let him talk. :)

To bad he's a NY Giants fan and not a "Frisco" Giants fan... Go NINERS! :p

If you mean baseball Giants, as in SF Giants I am for them all the way to the WS trophy.

Ooooh Fudge! There's the other one. :p

Thanks, so we have another Gints fan on this board. :)

Come baseball season and the Yanks logo comes up will you still have nice things to say about My choice of teams. :confused:

Have a good weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back