kill billtion

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
saw it last night

I'm no big fan of tarantino...this movie doesn't change my opinion of him

it seems like he looks for things to be differant for the sake of being weird, rather then for the sake of the script

this movie fits that description too

anyway, it's still enjoyable...acting from the pronciples is a little weak in spots, but pretty good in others

affects are horrific amuzing sort of

I can't give the ntfsw rating, cause I think you should see it, but I don't think it's too good

figure that out

I saw this movie first day/first show... I loved it :)

I quite like tarantino's flicks and vol.1 is quite a good mish-mash of all that is quentin :)

uma thurman and lucy liu's character development is great...

he borrows from a few different styles... but here is the thing... his use of Sonny Chiba :D

yes... the GREAT sonny chiba... one of the top martial arts exponents in the world...

even in a tiny role he makes an impact :)

I loved the flick as i said :) some may not like it because it is different... but I enjoyed it immensly.. and vol 2 is completed and coming out next year :)

I give it 4/5 ntfs stars...

Oh, yay, I can't wait to take my kids!

Give a guy a few million bucks to blow on his fetishes and this is what you get...

I got that feeling too. If a 14-18 year old was given a whole bunch of money to make an action flick, the result would be similar. I was 13 when Mortal Kombat showed up in the local arcade, and my friends and I would joke and talk about all the cool fatalities we would make if WE made the game. I think we mentioned similar ideas to everything that happened in Kill Bill, plus we had a few extra.

It is my belief that Tarantino's style is not all that special. We all would have directed a movie in similar fashion during our hyperactive early teens.

The action is top-rate though. It has the best bad-guy (well, "bad-girl") deaths ever. And the movie gets extra points for Sonny Chiba and Chiaki Kuriyama.

the movie is... IMO a homage to the older martial arts films that incorporated very similar effects...

I am very happy that this movie did not incorporate oodles of cgi and instead was made up of quite decent martial arts exponents and the use of physical stunts...

the blood and gore was not designed to be taken seriously as should be clear by implication and application of the scenes... but it is understandable those who do not like this sort of stuff will be turned off... I know my gf was... and she was the one who dragged me to watch the movie :cool:

I must admit in my previous post the ommision of kuriyama was a grave error... she did a good job also and it is again a nice touch by tarantino...

06.jpg

Chiyaki!​

I think I'll see if the Battle Royale movies are on Amazon.

Yup. You would be hard-pressed to see better fights. The story is interesting, kinda funny. Tarantino isn't my favorite director (that's just my opinion--I'm all about Peter Jackson and Ridley Scott. I love the epic feel they put in each film), but the movie itself isn't a bad one by any stretch.

Tarantino is fantastic, so far Ive loved every one of his films, and I hope Kill Bill isnt going to let me down. I really like how he has such freedom etc, its a proper heartfelt film when he does it, not just something to make lots of money.

Quite amusing, the opening scene is a little brutal :)
Gets a little over the top tho.
Could definatly feel the same kinda of influence behind Natural Born Killers.

I loved it. Just using the name Hattori Hanzou (a real person by the way in Japanese lore) was amazing. Also the opening quote was in my category of coolness.(Star Trek fans will know :) ) . Uma gets a thumbs up from me she was great. Ill be back in February for some more.

I thought it was 'okay'. I really wanted to like it alot but...meh.

Some really good parts...but some pretty slow ones.

My main gripe is that I have questions that need to be answered.
I dont want to have to wait 'til Vol. 2, but I will (damnit).

Loved the 'school girl' character though. She was a demon with her weapon.

Originally posted by Terrahertz
I loved it. Just using the name Hattori Hanzou (a real person by the way in Japanese lore) was amazing. Also the opening quote was in my category of coolness.(Star Trek fans will know :) ) . Uma gets a thumbs up from me she was great. Ill be back in February for some more.

;)

I also loved all the little references to martial arts movies of years bygone... the stylism of the movie and music really blew me away...

however this is a movie people will either really love or not like much @ all... unfortunately this is true of most of the Q's work...

uma thurman and lucy liu did do admirable jobs... true :)

I'll be there in feb also...

I loved it. Would have liked to see the whole 88 fight in colour though :)

a load of my friends saw it....i was working :(

they all really loved it :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back