Kill Bill Vol.2 **spoilers**

Finally saw Vol.2 this weekend... what a great finish! I'll see it again in the near future I'm sure. I can understand how some people may have been disappointed if they were looking for the kind of action/violence that existed in Vol. 1, but I can't understand how anybody could actually hate this film.

Here's another link with a culmination of critics' reviews: 158/181 are positive.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/KillBillVol2-1131502/

I'm with Sazar on this one...
4.5/5 OSNN Stars

Hmm... I still need to watch the first one. =/

I was no fan of the first volume, I thought quenten went out of his way to be weird, for the sake of weirdnesS alone, and at the expense of the movie

this volume though I really enjoyed

I never thought I'd see david carradine in an "a" movie, and he did a terrific job...I met david in a coffee shop in tarzana california

he plays guitar, very nicely, btw, and has a band, and does some concerts in cali...he got up on talent night a couple of times at the cafe I always went to...the leader of his band, a violin player, owned the coffeee shop right by my house, and he stopped by almost every week

pretty nice guy

I think bill is not dead by the way, I think while the master tought uma how to execute the five fingers of death, and didn't teach bill, he did teach bill how to survive it

to me, best performance of the filick was m' girl danna hanna

anyway, I realy enjoyed volume two

how could bill have survived?

that just defies logic... if he lived than all the others must have too...

how is it logical that a punch kill a man only after he walked 5 steps?

the master tought her how to execute the stroke, he could have well tought bill how to survive it.

for instance, if there were a compression of the heart chamber due to the stroke, and you knew the stroke were delivered, you would train to expand the heart chamber

pretty simple...I have matered both the stroke and survival of it.

though I'm sworn to secresy about how either work

I just watched Kill Bill VOl 2 and I have to respectfully disagree with most of what is said here. For a long time I have always thought of Tarantino as a con artist trying to be intellectual and ground breaking when all he does is use terminology that is just alittle above the average human being.

I would have to put him in the same boat as Kevin Smith where you watch movies of his and say wow he is such a smart director when all he does is take his script and use his built in thesaurus and change a bunch of words.

Watching kill bill I was waiting for DMX or Steven Seagal to jump out and say something ridiculous. I was very dissappointed and I wish Tarantino would just make movies not "try" to be something he's not.

Well, I've never felt that Tarantino tries to fill his dialogue with "intelligent" language, nor do I feel that the strongest part of his filmmaking is in the dialogue. There are some classic lines from his films, but even more classic is his directorial style... and I think this is where most people consider him genius.

Steven Seagal movies are over-the-top, but not done in a way that makes it amusing. Tarantino exaggerates so much in his filmmaking, and it is a lot of fun to watch. If Steven Seagal had popped into the film, then Tarantino would have been able to make his character good... and maybe make the audience wonder if the guy could really act. ;)

It's all about Tarantino's style... the camera angles, the soundtrack, the absurdity, and the way he tells a story. Kill Bill was merely a film about revenge! But he did much more with a revenge story than most anyone else could do. He is who he is, and the success of his 5 films so far proves that he needs to keep doing what he's doing.

personally, I thought he did a bad job with uma, even from the first monologue in the car..I've never been a fan of tarantino, but I really enjoyed this film

perris said:
how is it logical that a punch kill a man only after he walked 5 steps?

the master tought her how to execute the stroke, he could have well tought bill how to survive it.

for instance, if there were a compression of the heart chamber due to the stroke, and you knew the stroke were delivered, you would train to expand the heart chamber

pretty simple...I have matered both the stroke and survival of it.

though I'm sworn to secresy about how either work

you are making no sense... bill himself says you cannot survive it...

she killed bill.. end of movie... end of revenge... all taken care of...

for what its worth I thought both movies were excellent...

QT has a directorial style that is different from others and he really showed it off in the kill bill movies...

the story is single-minded in its goal and while some may not enjoy the dialogue I thought it was brilliant... the music also was quite excellent..

the various characters in the movie such as sonny chiba just further enhance the authentic feel of his homage to old school westerns and kung fu/samurai flicks...

www.imdb.com

I am not alone in thinking the 2 movies are great :cool:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266697/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0378194/

You aren't alone Sazar. ;)

Haven't seen it mentioned here, so I thought I'd post it. Tarantino said in Entertainment Weekly that he might do a 3rd installment... in about 15 years. He wants the lead character to be the little girl from the beginning of the first film (Vivica Fox's daughter), and to make it her revenge. He says she deserves it just as much as Uma deserved hers. He wants to wait 15 years because the girl will be grown up by then. Remember what Uma says to the little girl after the girl's mother is killed? Tarantino did that on purpose to leave the opportunity open.

Sazar said:
you are making no sense... bill himself says you cannot survive it...
bill himself said the master teaches the stroke to no person, yet she is taught the stroke, bill is far from infallible in whatever he says, and he's surely not opposed to missdirection

plus, I told you, I can survive the stroke myself, so I know this as a fact without speculation

darryl hanna wasn't killed for a reason as well, and she was blinded to make the battle in the next episode more mthylogical, with her using sound and air pressure to "see"

this movie is far from over\ I'm guessing no less then two more installments

Tuffgong4 said:
For a long time I have always thought of Tarantino as a con artist trying to be intellectual and ground breaking when all he does is use terminology that is just alittle above the average human being.
Taste aside, how can you argue "Tarantino uses terminology that is just alittle above the average human being." ?
In what movie? I can't think of one, not a movie he writen or directed or both.
Watching kill bill I was waiting for DMX or Steven Seagal to jump out and say something ridiculous
Probably because you wanted it to happen? :confused:

Tuffgong4 said:
I just watched Kill Bill VOl 2 and I have to respectfully disagree with most of what is said here. For a long time I have always thought of Tarantino as a con artist trying to be intellectual and ground breaking when all he does is use terminology that is just alittle above the average human being.

I would have to put him in the same boat as Kevin Smith where you watch movies of his and say wow he is such a smart director when all he does is take his script and use his built in thesaurus and change a bunch of words.

Watching kill bill I was waiting for DMX or Steven Seagal to jump out and say something ridiculous. I was very dissappointed and I wish Tarantino would just make movies not "try" to be something he's not.

Very well said. While I enjoyed the film, I don't regard Mr. Tarantino as a genius like so many do. Someday he may come to an "Emperor's New Clothes" situation where someone calls him out on it. Then he'll walk the path of Woody Allen: Producing the same underqualified films for years to come which only appeal to his cult following.

Unwonted said:
Someday he may come to an "Emperor's New Clothes" situation where someone calls him out on it. Then he'll walk the path of Woody Allen: Producing the same underqualified films for years to come and appealing only to his cult following.
Saying Woody Allens films are "underqualified" is pretty arrogant and ignorant.
But what can you expect of people who think that "The Matrix" or "Lord of the rings" are the greates movies of all time :rolleyes:
The funny thing is, most of Tarantinos films are nothing like Kill Bill when it comes to direction, and yet people insist on throwing the same old unestablished corny insults.

perris said:
bill himself said the master teaches the stroke to no person, yet she is taught the stroke, bill is far from infallible in whatever he says, and he's surely not opposed to missdirection

plus, I told you, I can survive the stroke myself, so I know this as a fact without speculation

darryl hanna wasn't killed for a reason as well, and she was blinded to make the battle in the next episode more mthylogical, with her using sound and air pressure to "see"

this movie is far from over\ I'm guessing no less then two more installments

right ok perris... we're getting into the whole "neo is not the one" type of discussion again...

bill was bleeding from the mouth rather profusely... he sure as hell looked dead to me when he hit the deck..

daryl hannah was left in the trailer with a hissing black mamba (code name for uma thurmans character) hence she is most likely dead as well... even if she is not she was one of the least talented of the group therefore its unlikely she would be able to pull a daredevil...

sazar, it's just a movie, I don't know what this director has in mind, I'm just having fun speculating

now, daryl killed the master, she killed bills brother when uma couldn't do it, she passed the masters tests, and then defeated him.

she's pretty good

the mamba was spent of venom, and daryl indicated she had antidote for the venom as well

she had no fear gathering the money on the floor with the snake just running around the trailer, and she sure could leave the trailer whenever she wanted to...it looks certain she's still alive.

bill looked dead to you?

he dropped almost off screen, sort of like a rag, just dropped, no one looking to see if he was dead

and neo wound up being the tool of the matrix, as I predicted

perris said:
sazar, it's just a movie, I don't know what this director has in mind, I'm just having fun speculating

now, daryl killed the master, she killed bills brother when uma couldn't do it, she passed the masters tests, and then defeated him.

she's pretty good

the mamba was spent of venom, and daryl indicated she had antidote for the venom as well

she had no fear gathering the money on the floor with the snake just running around the trailer, and she sure could leave the trailer whenever she wanted to...it looks certain she's still alive.

bill looked dead to you?

he dropped almost off screen, sort of like a rag, just dropped, no one looking to see if he was dead

and neo wound up being the tool of the matrix, as I predicted

daryl hannah had her eye ripped out due to her disobediance... she didn't defeat Mai pei either.. she poisoned him...

bill sure looked dead to me...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back