kidney stone

mooo

thecyberninja
Hi, I am on my 2nd kidney stone and only 20yrs old.
was wondering if anyone has had them before also. If not i wish you never do.

Ouch! damn dood, how the... Man I wish you well. :(

Yeah, its a genetic flaw in my family :S
Im 17 and have had them once, my dad is 54 and has had them about 12 times.
His dad had them numerous times, and HIS dad died of them rupturing his thingy tube.

Get well soon, I know what youre going through. If its any help, sleep! Sleeping really helped me get along, and also whne youre sitting, even though its bad for your back, slouch as much as you can.

No onein my family has history of them. Only doctor told me to do was drink a lot of water, I think i only drank 5sodas in the past 2.5years. We can be stone bros :)

Don't know anyone who's had kidney stones but my mams just had a gallstone removed today and if they cause as much pain as she was in yesterday I hope I never get either.
She was on morphine and passing out with the pain :eek:
Next week she has to have her Gall bladder removed so she doesn't get anymore.

Watch the dairy products...cheese, milk, pretty much anything made from cow or goat.
For those who don't know kidney stones are incredibly painful. They look like a midieval flail but with hundreds if not thousands of sharp points.

Lots of cranberry juice can help too.

Codasmd said:
Watch the dairy products...cheese, milk, pretty much anything made from cow or goat.
For those who don't know kidney stones are incredibly painful. They look like a midieval flail but with hundreds if not thousands of sharp points.

Yes Dr :p

Codasmd said:

Nice advise. :)

My mom had several stones removed from her when I was younger, I can't remember where from though. Hopefully you'll get better soon. :)

My m8, has work has had several, they just keep returning.
Hope you suffer too badly with them m8 ;)

Erbmaster said:
Hope you suffer too badly with them m8 ;)

Lol...I know what you meant, but that was funny :D And mooo, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I have a friend who told me about them. It sounds just awful! :(

Codasmd said:

Not necessarily true. I had my first stone at age 20. 2 Days in the hopital. Demerol barely touched the pain. Uric acid stones, which is actually worse. They are sharper and they usually do not break up like the calcium stones.

I recently went through 18 months of hell with kidney stones, both sides. Women have said it is more painful than child birth.

The damn things were too big to pass & as hard as diamond. Multiple lithotripse(?), stents inserted then removed & inserted again. Jack hammer treatment also. Finally the trusted laser got the mongrels. All done by going up through the plumbing. :eek:

Lost count of the times I rushed off to the emergency dept wanting drugs for the pain. I think at times they thought I was some kind of addict.

In the end after being a public patient I went private because on the waiting list I kept getting bumped. One private hospital treatment = bit under A$1,000. And that was for half a day.

Now I drink at least two litres of water every day. Had a check up yesterday & yay the stones have not come back. :)

Must go.......toilet. :D

Drink lots of water Mooo, lots. Get well soon.

God bless ya, man. Saw my father and my brother in law deal with them. Honestly, these are two men that pain doesn't bother much, and they were in pretty bad shape. But like everyone else here said, drink lots of water and watch your calcuim intake. It's not as uncommon as you think. Get well! :)

and make sure if you travel, especially overseas that you have a medical card allowing use of morphine.

well i live in the southeast, and i think its something down here because this region has the most kidney stone patients in the US :(

Today i thought it was because of drinking a soda yesterday but after like 20minutes i pretty much knew what it was. Once i got to the ER They tricked me and put me in but it was some waiting room inside the walkin door, made me think i was gonna get inside. Then my mom walked and asked and she is a girl so got no attention. I saw some lady walk by and got her attention so she got me hooked up into the kids section, and then like 30minutes after i got inside a room i finally got the demoral, overall was in the pain for about 2.5.. This one was worse than the first one i think :(

http://www.thecyberninja.com/images/other/onfinger.jpg
http://www.thecyberninja.com/images/other/stranges-stone.jpg

Avoid dairy and tea. The combination can increase stone formation. That might explain why the southeast has a higher incidence. Ice Tea is popular.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back